chapter 21

I know you guys are waiting and trust me I missed you too...

Author pov

Kan theerapanyakul was so mad at his son for being a coward! Completely in love... he wanted to kill his son but NO, he still needs him.

Need vegas to fight against the major family. FOR POWER!!! That's why he was planning a war before his son become a complete lunatic in love with that bodyguard.

But he had no idea that his brother Korn had already sensed the situation. Of course, he would, he was the master of manipulating the minds after all.

Vegas pov

Everything is going well so far at least that's what I thought until tawan stepped into my life to ruin it. I have already told that bastard that we are over and the fact that I just used him and never loved him but I don't know how he managed to sneak into my office without getting caught by security and as if my fate was playing a joke on my life, Pete entered....

The worst part is he saw us hugging. I mean tawan was the one who hugged me from behind I didn't even lay a finger on him. I forcefully removed tawan hands to reach Pete, to explain everything before he misunderstands me AGAIN but when I stood in front of him holding his hands, he didn't care to spare a look at me instead his eyes were busy on tawan.

"Pete?" I called him slowly, it almost came out like a whisper and for the first time his eyes met mine since he entered the room but I am not sure what those eyes are saying.

"oh, Pete... long time no see" tawan said with a sarcastic tone. Bitch!!! He was begging me a minute ago now what?
Pete turned his attention to tawan pushing my hands off him. "What the hell are you doing here?" he asked tawan yet his expression was neutral. I stand there silently not knowing what to do.

But tawan let out a creepy smile "well, this is my place Pete. What do you think? Vegas really loves you? He is mine"

"tawan shut the fuck up" I shouted. How dare he say that! I saw pete's palm forming into a fist.

"Well, did he tell you about Porsche? And why he approached you?" damn this tawan I am going to kill him. "Should I tell you?"

"tawan stop it, get lost before I kill you" I shouted at him yet he ignored me and continued his talk with Pete.

"We planned to drug Porsche but unfortunately you ruined the plan... that's why vegas wanted to make you miserable and ..... he did" my heart dropped. I couldn't meet Pete eyes anymore. He must be angry right? I should have killed tawan but that's not my major concern now I don't want to lose Pete.

After creating this mess tawan left with a satisfied smile on his face leaving me and Pete alone in my office.

Minutes passed yet neither of us spoke nor moved from where we are standing so I risked a peek at him. He remained like a statue looking nowhere, my hands are shaking and my eyes are already managed to pool a lot of water, ready to push them down drop by drop. When I am about to reach his hand, he opened his mouth stopping me in the midway "is that true?" I can't answer that.

"I am sorry" it is the only word that can slip my mouth along with a single tear that escaped from my eye. He walked away. He left just like that without a word nor a single glance at me. I want to go after him...

well, who wouldn't want to chase their love of life leaving the home yet here I am standing like an idiot as if my legs are glued to the ground.

I don't know how many times I dialed the same number until I heard some footsteps coming this way. Is it Pete? Is he coming to me? But my excitement soon vanished into thin air when I see my dad.