Moving In

"But I'm a murderer. How are you letting me into a hero school?" Denki said, shocked. "We believe that you were forced to do it," Kamui explained. "And if I wasn't forced to. What if I just liked killing people?" Denki said, trying to reason with him.

"But you don't and I'm confident you were forced," Kamui said. "How are you so confident?" Denki said, genuinely confused. "You said if you weren't forced, which means that you were," Kamui explained.

It took Denki a minute to register that, but when he did, he smacked his head on the table. Kamui looked at him concerned and asked, "Are you okay there?" "Yeah, just fine," Denki said, but it was a bit muffled, so it actually sounded like, "Yea, jufin."

Kamui assumed what was said, so he didn't question that. Instead, they sat there for a while in silence. Kaminari still had his head on the table, but he turned it to the side, so that he could breathe easier.

Kamui sat in the chair across from him, wrapped up in his thoughts. Kamui jumped when the door opened to reveal Hawks. "A bit jumpy there," Hawks said. He then walked over to Denki and undid the handcuffs on his wrists, but put on two different bracelets.

"What are those?" Kamui asked. "They're just quirk-reppressing bracelets," Hawks said. "Does that mean he can't use his quirk with these on," Kamui said. Hawks nodded and looked over to Denki.

"Hey kiddo, if you need anything while he's gone just call this number, or if you need to talk" Hawks said as he gave Denki a piece of paper with a number on it. He then left, leaving behind a confused Denki and Kamui.

"What was that about?" Denki asked, pocketing the paper. "Honestly, I don't know. Hawks is a very mysterious," Kamui answered. "Anyway, we can get going now." Kamui got up and left with Kaminari following him.

They walked out the police station peacefully, but Denki could sense that people were staring at him. They made it to the car and Kamui sat on the right while Denki sat on the left. It was silent for the entire ride apart from the radio.

They made it to Kamui's home and it was nothing like Kaminari expected it to be. Kaminari expected it to be a grand mansion with a private pool and all that stuff, but instead it was just a two floor house.

It wasn't even in that nice of a neighborhood. "You live here," Kaminari said in disbelief. "Yea, is there a problem with that," Kamui said. "No, it just isn't what I expected it to be," Denki said. "I get that a lot," Kamui said with a sigh.

"Anyways, let's go in," he said and walked toward the front door. He opened it and let Kaminari in before him. He showed Kaminari around the house and then settled in the living room. Kamui sat on one of the arm chairs while Kaminari stood off to the side.

Kamui noticed him and said, "Come on in. What do you want to watch?" Denki sat on the edge of one of the couches and said, "I don't know. I haven't seen many shows or movies." Kamui thought about something and said, "Well, I guess we're having a movie marathon tonight."

Kaminari was confused, "What's that?" he asked. "It's just a time where you watch a lot of movies," Kamui explained. "Okay," Denki said while fidgeting with his fingers. "Well, I'll get the snacks and you can choose some movies that sound interesting to you." Kamui said while getting up.

By the time Kamui returned Denki had picked out Smile, The Lost City, and Minions:The Rise of Gru. Kamui looked at the choices and laughed quietly to himself. He sat down the snacks onto the coffee table and went to put Smile in.

They made it through the movie with only a few jumps. The movie finished and Kaminari looked at Kamui. "I'm never seeing smiles the same way again," Denki said. Kamui laughed, "Yea, me either. At least you choses two funnier ones to counteract that one."