43. date

date: (noun)
1. a social or romantic appointment or engagement

Finally our day has come to complete our probation

Finally our day has come to complete our probation. Sign some forms and be dismissed from court, no longer having to drag around this bracelet of shame. Bodi is going later today and I've never been so proud of us for completing something that has been so tough on us.

Including the manor and Bodi losing his dad.

It's been taxing for all those included.

I wait at home for Bodi to call. We said we'd meet up straight away. What else is there to do when we can finally be free and not tracked by our officers?

We can finally spend the night together, we can go to the pub, we can attend parties until three in the morning. We are finally free from our shitty convictions.

They've been served. Now we can move on.

My phone rings and I rush to grab it. Bodi's name flashes across the screen.

"Hey," I say, raising it to my ear.

"Hey." His voice showcases that he's already grinning. "Guess who is officially off tag and out of probation?"

A small laugh passes my chest. "Who would have thought we would have got through this, huh?"

Bodi scoffs. "Not me."

"Where are you anyway?"

"Well... actually," he trails off and I slump against the kitchen counter. "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?"

My eyes widen. "A date?"

"Yes, we haven't actually been on an official date and it would be nice to grab some food. Have an alcoholic drink and just spend the night with one another. What do you say?"

I remain silent for a few moments, excitement and satisfaction covering my body.

A date. An actual date. I definitely wasn't expecting to go on a date with Bodi so soon.

"Ash? Don't leave me hanging."

"Yes," I swallow when I realise I've been standing facing the wall this whole time. "Of course, I'm just a little startled you're asking so soon."

Bodi inhales. "So soon?"

"Because you're not out yet I guess. Not sure if you'd want to be seen on a date with me."

"Ash, Ash, Ash," he huffs out a long breath and my heart rattles inside my chest. "I couldn't give a fuck who sees us. And if they do, so what? I'm on a date with my boyfriend. I'm happy. I'm off tag, on my first proper date ever. What else could possibly ruin that?"

My cheeks burn from the intensity of my smile. Butterflies. Those Goddamn butterflies.

"I love you."

"I love you too."