Chapter 3: Memories

As the group walked in with Edmund in the front and the girls in the middle with Peter carrying the rear, they walked down a staircase. Mara's eyes widened in amazement as Edmund's flashlight glowed around the room to reveal statues with chests in front of them. It looked like a memorial. Lucy was the first to race down with Susan behind her. Peter came up to Mara's side along with Edmund and they trio followed to the two other girls. Mara noticed that the chests had names engraved on the front. She also noticed that the statues were of their older selves. Peter watched as Mara looked around then walked over to her chest. He had a small smile as Mara looked up at her statue with a lion statue next to her for her lioness counterpart. Lucy exclaimed, as she picked up a dress from her cues, "I was so tall!" Susan chuckled and said to her youngest sister, "Well, you were older then." Edmund snorted and said, "Yes, as opposed to 100 years later, when you're younger." Mara then opened her chest and smiled at all of her belongings, including her crown.

She then noticed that her sword and bow and arrows were also above her chest, behind her statue on the wall. However, behind them was a portrait of her with her parents, all in their lion forms. Mara smiled softly to herself and placed her hand on her lion necklace. At the sound of someone unsheathing a sword, Mara turned to see her boyfriend looking at his sword. She smiled softly and walked over to him. Peter stared at the engraving on the hilt and said, reading the words, "When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death." Mara finished , "And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again." She bit her lip at the old prophecy, memories flooding back to her. Lucy took a step forward and said, "Everyone we knew........ Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers.....they're all gone...." Mara felt tears sting her eyes and felt someone wrap their arm around her. She turned to see Edmund, giving her a comforting smile, which she returned. Peter looked at his siblings and girlfriend and said, "I think it's time that we found out what's going." Mara nodded in agreement and replied, "But first, we need to change. In that case, you boys need to give us girls some privacy." Peter and Edmund didn't argue with her and were heading to leave after grabbing their clothes. Susan was going through her chest, frantically as she couldn't find something. Mara turned to Susan, concerned, and said, "Susan? What's wrong?" Susan turned to Mara and replied, "My horn........it's gone.........I must've left it in my saddle the day we left....."