Chapter 12: Confrontation

After making a decision, Caspian was the first to leave the room. Peter, Susan, and soon Trumpkin followed after him, but lost him. Peter and Susan soon found Miraz's room and also heard voices from inside. Sharing a perplexed look, Peter and Susan entered the room after ordering Trumpkin to stand watch. They entered the rook to find Caspian with his sword raised at Miraz and his wife who laid on the bed. Miraz's wife had a crossbow in her hands, pointed at Caspian as a form of protection. He said, "I don't want to do this." Susan replied, her bow and arrow pointing at Miraz's wife, "We don't want you to either." Miraz said, complaining, "This was supposed to be a private room." Peter had his sword ready and said to Caspian, annoyed, "What are you doing? You're supposed to get to the gatehouse!" Caspian had his sword in Miraz's throat and said, "No, tonight, I want the truth! *His eyes were trained on his uncle* Did you kill my father?!" Miraz slightly smirked and replied, "Now, we get to it." Miraz's wife turned to her husband in confusion and said to him, her eyes furrowed with confusion all over her face, "I thought you said he died in his sleep?" Miraz nodded his head and replied, "That was more or less true."

Peter and Susan were both watching from the sidelines with perplexed and worried expressions. They were behind on their plan and it was because of Caspian's thirst for revenge. Susan turned to Caspian and said to him, "Caspian, this won't make things any better." They were losing time that could cost other people's lives. Miraz smirked at his nephew and said to him, "We Telmarines would have nothing had we not taken it. Your father knew that better than anyone." Miraz's wife stared at her husband in shock and said, lowering her crossbow just a bit, "How could you?" Even though the woman had lowered her weapon, Susan wasn't about to lower hers just yet. Miraz turned around to face his wife and said to her, "For the same reason you will pull that trigger.............for our son." Miraz had turned around to walk forward but was stopped by Susan and Peter when they moved their weapons to him. Susan shouted, "Stay right there!" Miraz turned his head to his wife and said, "You need to make a choice, dear. Do you want our child to be King? Or do you want him to be like Caspian here? Fatherless?!" That was the moment that triggered Miraz's wife. She turned to her nephew and his two friends and shouted, releasing the arrow, "No!!" The arrow made it to Caspian, hitting him in the arm. Susan released her own arrow in defense but for the first time since she used her bow, she missed. Her arrow had hit the door behind Miraz, which allowed him to escape. As Peter, Susan, and a wounded Caspian went to leave the room, Susan made sure that Caspian was okay before rushing to leave.