Chapter 22: The Return of Aslan and Aria and Victory

Meanwhile, with Lucy, the young girl raced on top of her horse through the forest as fast as she could. As she glanced behind her, she saw a Telemeraine soldier racing after her, making her panic. However, in the corner of her eye, Lucy could make out two wisps of golden fur racing with her. In her mind, she knew it was Aslan and Aria. The lion and lioness stopped in front of Lucy, startling the girl and her horse. Aslan then roared, spooking Lucy's horse, causing the animal to rear back. As the horse reared backwards, Lucy fell off, letting out a shriek, as she landed on the ground. Aslan leapt onto the Telemeraine soldier as he advanced on Lucy, attacking him. While Aslan took the soldier out, Aria raced over to Lucy, helping her up. She pushed her head underneath the young girl and helped her off of the ground to her feet. The lioness looked Lucy over for injuries and said to her, concerned, "Are you alright, dear one?" Lucy smiled brightly and replied, "I'm okay, Aria." She wrapped her arms around the lioness' neck, hugging her. Aria smiled and purred at the embrace, nuzzling the young girl. After taking down the soldier, Aslan turned around to check on his wife and Lucy. Lucy looked up from the embrace and said, her eyes lighting up at Aslan, "Aslan!" She then raced over to him and tackled him to the ground, wrapping her arms around.

Aslan chuckled at the girl's antics and nuzzled her. From her spot, Aria chuckled at the sight and sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws. Lucy pulled away and said, looking between Aslan and Aria, "I knew it was you two! The whole time, I knew it. The others didn't believe me, not even Mara. She's been having a hard time lately with keeping hope." Aria glanced sadly at the ground at the mention of her daughter. Aslan laid down next to Lucy and replied, "And why would that stop you from coming to us? And as for Mara, it has been a long time since we've seen her. Once she sees us, I'm sure her spirits will lift up." Lucy looked down, ashamed, and said, "I'm sorry, I was too scared to come alone. Peter wanted Mara to come with me so she would be safe but she wouldn't." Aria walked over to Lucy and said, smiling softly at the girl, "It's nice to know that he cares for her deeply." Lucy replied, "Why wouldn't you show yourselves? Mara has been dying to see you, she misses you. She and Peter even got engaged. And why couldn't you come in and roaring to save us like the last time?" Aria's eyes lit up, her little cub was going to get married. Aslan smiled softly and said, "Things never happen the same way twice, dear one. I'm sure Mara has, we have been as well. As for Peter and Mara, they deserve to be together." Lucy sighed sadly and replied, "If I'd come earlier, would everyone had died.......could I have stopped that?" Aria gave the young girl a soft smile and said, as she laid next to Aslan, "We can never know what would have happened. Lucy. *She then gave her husband a pointed look* But what will happen is another matter entirely." Lucy smiled and replied, "You mean you'll help?" Aslan stood up and said, "Of course, as will you." Lucy smiled sheepishly and replied, "Oh, I wish I was braver." Aria chuckled and said, standing up as well, "If you were any braver, you would be a lioness." Lucy replied, "Like you and Mara, Aria?" Aria smiled and said, "Just like me and Mara, yes." Aslan shook his mane and said to Lucy, coming up next to her and his wife, "Now, I think your friends have slept long enough, don't you?" Lucy smiled brightly at her friend's father and nodded. With that, Aslan and Arian let out loud roars that echoed through the forest.
...............................................................................
On the other side of the forest, at the How, Mara stood next to Susan as she continued to shoot arrows. She had gotten out from her fall with a little help from Susan and Trumpkin, much to her relief. Suddenly, the young teenager felt the ground rumble, almost making her loose balance. Next to her, Susan noticed something and gasped happily. She nudged her friend and said, "Mara, look! The trees! Lucy did it!" Mara turned to see what Susan was going on about and gasped, placing her hand over her mouth. Tears of happiness brimmed her eyes as she watched the trees move, taking out the Telmeraine soldiers. Now, she knew that her parents had returned. Mara whispered, after uncovering her mouth, "She found them. Well done, Lucy!" She watched as a tree picked up a bolder with its roots and threw it at the Telmeraine soldiers, taking out their catapults. From the ground, Peter stood on the ground as he watched the trees emerge from the forest and take out their enemies. He grinned to himself and shouted, pointing his sword at the direction of the Telmeraine's, "For Narnia!!!"

As he said that, he and the Narnian's charged towards their enemy. They charged the enemy towards the River Berma. Mara, Susan, Trumpkin, and the archers had joined the forces as they pushed them to the river. The Narnian's pushed the Telemeraine's to the bridge, which the Telmeraine's had built just days before. As one Telmeraine soldier tried to cross, he stopped in his tracks at the sight of Lucy standing between Aslan and Aria. At the sight of her parents, Mara froze in her tracks next to Peter and Edmund, her eyes widening. For the first time since she's been in Narnia, she finally saw her parents. Peter turned to his fiancé, smiling at her shocked face, happy to see that his fiancé finally got to see them. As the soldier froze in his spot, Lucy stared him down and took her dagger out, silently daring him to cross. Aslan and Aria then roared at the Telemeraine's as they went to charge towards them. At their roaring, the Telemeraine's stopped, even the one who stabbed Miraz stood in his spot. Aslan and Aria's   roar had created a figure in the river, startling everyone. Even Mara was startled, mostly shocked, at what her parents' magic could do. Peter leaned over to Mara and whispered, shocked, "Can you do that?" Mara whispered backed, "I don't know but I'd like to try if I could." The river figure turned to Aslan and Aria, waiting for their command. Aslan nodded to the Telemeraine's, silently telling him to take them out. In doing so, the river figure then went under the bridge and picked up, with some of the Telemeraine solders on it. As he did, he titled the bridge with the men on it and collapsed on it. The  other Telemeraine soldiers had no choice but to surrender and dropped their weapons, raising their arms up. Peter took the lead in gathering the soldiers and weapons. Mara followed along with Caspian, Susan, and Edmund in tow.