Chapter 15

(y/n)'s Pov

There's something...strange about my husband. And I don't mean he acts weird but he feels...weird. 

For the past week, I haven't been able to...understand his emotions. 

Every time we kiss it feels like he's hurting. 

When we've made love he feels like he's in exuviating pain. 

Is he sick?

Is he somewhat forced to love me? 

I couldn't understand it! He sits at his desk and gives me the warmest loveliest smile I've ever seen. And the way he talks to me makes my heart feel like it's going to burst out of my chest~ 

But why does he feel like this? 

I watched as he laid down next to me in bed and wrapped his arm around me. He kissed my cheek but all I felt was sadness, why is he hiding his pain from me?

"My dear? What's wrong?" 

I turn to face him but before I could voice my feelings Fang burst into the room. Panick drew on his face. 

"MY LORD! The group is attacking the workhouse!" Shen gasped and quickly got up from bed and ran to get dressed. 

"My love? What has happened?" He snapped his head to me and I could see the fear in his eyes. 

"Do not worry my dear, we've been receiving attacks from some thieves for a while. I shall take care of them and come back momentarily." 

I nodded and watched as he ran over to kiss my head then follow Fang out of the bedroom. I slowly lifted from the bed and made my way over to the window, watching as my husband quickly ran out of the castle doors and into the night with Fang and the rest of his guards. 

I smile and shake my head before closing my eyes, feeling the cold breeze blow onto my skin and past my hair, allowing it to do its little wind dance. 

Wait a minute...something's, off

The smell of blood filled my nostrils and took over my senses.

Someone's here.

"(y/n)...is that really you?" 

I gasp and turn around only to be met with a pair of familiar golden eyes. My breath hitched as I took a step backward. 

"W-Who are you?" 

His eyes grew sad for a moment until anger took over his features. 

"An alley...I was your friend."

"If you are my friend why are you hiding from me? And why do I smell blood?" 

The figure paused for a moment before slowly emerging into the moonlight making me gasp. He was a snow leopard, he seemed to be two-three inches taller than me. He wore a pair of grey sweats and black sandals. His bare chest and arms were drenched in blood along with his face. 

He seemed so...familiar, but I couldn't let my guard down. Just because he seems familiar doesn't mean he's a good guy. I glare and take a fighting stance and he does the same. 

"(y/n) please, I don't want to hurt you." 

"You should have thought about that before breaking in." I quickly move forward throwing a job in his direction which he dodged and swiped my legs but I skillfully land on my hands and push myself back up onto my feet.