43 Years

Hey friends!

This isn't an update (although, I'll hopefully have one up for you today at some point!) but I just wanted to come on here because today is the 43rd anniversary of the Miracle on Ice!

So, comment some of your favorite moments anything Miracle related- that could be from the movie, from the games themselves, the bloopers, interviews, anything goes! I thought this would be a fun way to celebrate the amazing feat that was accomplished 43 years ago today! This event is one of my favorite historical events ever.

I've had a lot of people ask me why I love this historical event so much- Miracle is hands down my favorite movie of all time, and I've watched a ridiculous amount of interviews and game footage over the years as well.

I love Miracle for a number of reasons. First of all, the story is so inspiring. It teaches us that nothing worth doing is ever easy- but that's all the more reason to pursue our goals and dreams, no matter how far out of reach they may seem. The Miracle on Ice shows us that hard work goes a long way. Also worth noting- the movie is incredibly accurate! If you haven't watched the 20 year anniversary video on YouTube, you absolutely need to go check it out! I love that they stayed true to the game, and that they took everything in this movie from casting to cut scenes seriously. Lastly, it shows us that the odds don't really matter! As Han Solo would say- "Never Tell Me The Odds!" And I would bet that Herb Brooks was thinking just that throughout those 7 months of trainings, and interviews, and games, and traveling.

Anyways, I just wanted to open up the comments as I mentioned above, so feel free to comment anything that comes to mind!

As always, thanks so much for your continued support. It really means so much, friends!

Have a great day!

Do you believe in miracles?

With love,

Your favorite author