11

Over the past

"I found you."
His voice startled me and made me turn around.
There he was.
He stood tall, his blonde locks laid perfectly above his eyes and his hands in his pockets.
He wore a white button-up shirt with black trousers and a thin dark grey coat on top.
The vibe was completely different.
"You did, Hyunjin."
"I said I will."
"You're one of the rare persons who keep their promises."
"What made you come here?"
"My friend craved some donuts so we pulled over."
"You want some?"
"I told them to buy me one, no need."
He brushed his hair with his long hand looking around.
"Wanna draw someday again?"
"Oh, I would gladly, but I'm not free this week."
"The other week?"
"College is starting. I'm sure I'm not coming back."
"So you're moving? How will I find you now?"
"Nohow."
Fuck.
I turn around to see Han with sour face and a unbothered Jeongin coming to us.
"What are you doing here Hwang?"
"I could ask you the same Han."
"Han. Let's go."
I start walking over to the car and before I could get in I had to see what was happening.
They were talking, more like spitting venom at each other.
Jeongin just stood by with a blank face, seeming not to care.
After I thumped with the door they decided to come over too.
"What did he want?"
"Nothing, he just asked how I'm here."
Han started the car gripping the wheel like it was the end of the world.
Jeongin on the other hand munched his donut not caring one bit.
"Here's yours."
Jeon passed me my Oreo donuts.
I nod as a thank you.
The thing I understood is that only Han had somehing against Hyunjin.
Jeongin knew him but you could clearly see he didn't have anything against him.
That's what's bothering me.
"Han. Please. I don't understand. I'm not your toy to say who can I be with and who can I not. If you have some beef with him please don't make other people have so too. I see that Jeongin is completely unbothered by Hyunjin."
These stern words seemed to hit the spot.
"I know. Jeongin has nothing to do with this. He was not the one affected. I'm not going to interfere anymore. I'll just say that he's manipulative."
"Since in two days we're going go your school, a whole new world for me. This is new for you too. I think we shouldn't hide some things."
We were already at Jeongin's house.
When he halted the car I still waited for his response.
"Fine. I'll tell you let's just settle in."

Jeongin had to go to the shop while we prepared the room and brought out some snacks.
Everything was placed before I sat down on the bed.
Han did too with a loud sigh.
"Okay. Let's get into it."
I was sad right now. I might be pressuring him a lot.
"In Busan, I have a stepsister. They went to the same high school. And, as you can see, they started dating. My sister got attached and was in love. He wasn't tho."
Nah bro. Don't tell me.
"He only used her, then dumped her after he got what he wanted. I was cool with him before he did that. He was cold and distant at first but once I got to know him he was funny and interesting."
I listened carefully being all ears, nodding here and there.
"Afterwards I just couldn't get over it. You see, he hurt her pretty bad, she got over it and even talks with him someday but I was the one who couldn't get over it."
I nod with a sigh.
"I felt like it was something like that. But seriously, I know you're hurt and everything but people do bad things. People change. Even she got over it. I think you should leave that behind Han. I'm not being on his side, but as an observant, you're only doing bad to yourself."
He laid down looking at the ceiling.
Fidgeting with my fingers I say, "I'm sorry for everything I said."
He turns his head towards me.
"I'm sorry. I was obsessively trying to protect you."
Smile made it's way to my lips.
"What happened, happened."
"I'm back. Everything alright?"
Jeongin got in the room with a soft concerned smile observing us.
I gesture him to sit.
"Yeah. But after a round of Uno it won't be."

Tonight, I'll leave my suitcase at Han's.
I prepared everything. Checklist is almost completed. The only things left are the letter which I'll arrange tomorrow and some other stuff.
I was met with a few rules of the school and I think it'll be very hard to adjust.
Korean schools are know to be hard.
The high school I went to was a strict one but the kids still didn't stick to the basic rules.
Our school didn't have uniform, but the dress code... it was so strict.
I searched about Raven academy a lot and there's not much feed on it.
Must be because of privacy, it's a police university so it's expected.
Suddenly, in midst of my cleaning my phone rang.