chapter 4

Chapter 4

I couldn't keep it to myself. I had to tell Mimi, she is the only person that I am free to talk to more than other tenants and she seems to know more about these things as she is young.  

I was in her room today after work. I felt that I had to come and speak to her while I can still catch her when she is around. 

I am seated on her little couch. Yes her room has alot of furnisher in here. From TV to radio to stand to everything and they seem pricey and some things I think that she should not have them as she hardly use them with the way they are still wrapped. 

She takes out some beverage for her and brings apple juice for me and I thank her and she plops herself on the bed and looks at me.  

“So what is wrong?”,She asks. 

I take another sip of my drink and look at her. 

“My boss took me to eat yesterday afternoon”,She pops her eyes and adjusts herself. 

“What?! Wow Mvelo!”

“No, Not Wow Mimi. He said he loves me and that is not right”,I shake my head and she pops her eyes again. 

“You are lying”

“I swear on my husband's soul”

“Wow, God is with you. Don't you see?”,I frown. 

“How?”

“That he is setting you financially free from your troubles and giving you a man who has money and loves you”,I shake my head. 

“I do not care about money. I loved Jabu and he was never rich but I love him”,She looks at me. 

“I know it is not easy considerreing that you have just lost your husband in less than 2 months but one day you will get off these dark clothes and move on with your life Nomvelo. You are 27 years and you need to live and have children one day and live ”,She mentions. 

“I cannot. I vowed to love Jabulani until death does us apart”

“And death did”,She mentions. 

I sigh. 

“I don't know”,I say.

“This guy must like you”

“He is engaged”,She gasps 

“Bathong Kanti what is going on here?”

“I am confused. No he is confused he said he loves his fiancee and me”,I say and nod my head. 

“Eh, this...this is polygamy mos but KZN men love it so I guess it is in his blood”

“Not all of them"

“Yeah Not all of them but I am just saying”,I just shake my head.  

“But look see if he wants to be with you for long so you can benefit from him”

“No Mimi, I do not want to be involved with him in that way. I should not even be his friend anymore”,I mention. 

“No, you can be friends just keep your boundaries until further notice”,Well this was not what I was looking for when I thought of talking to her.  

“Where is Rethabile?",I ask. 

“She is sleeping over at the twins”,I nod my head. 

“Okay, bye”,I stand up. 

“Remember you are young Nomvelo just loosen up a bit. You don't have to do much but just have fun you know”

“I will keep that in mind Mimi”,She nods.