Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I watch as Rethabile plays with the sand while in her little bikini being care free with it.I think she is trying to build a sand castle as she has been at it with the bucket and water for quiet a while also with the little shovel that she is using to build her thing but it doesn't seem to come out the way it does on TV but she seems quite determined not to give up on what she is doing. Mimi is laying on the towel with shades on and she is feeling much better and looking like some weight is off her shoulders for a while. Maybe the change of scenery is needed when someone is going through something. Before we came here we had to get myself something I will wear and some Sun screen and also some snacks and food as well just so that we can enjoy our day out. 
“I have been missing a beach my whole life”,Mimi says and she sits up and pulls a bag that has some ice and she pulls some champagne that she bought and pours into a plastic glass. 
“It is nice being out here.”,I say and keep on watching Rethabile as she is now full of sand majority of her body. 
“How are you feeling today?”,I ask looking at Mimi.
“I am feeling better. I guess I just needed to be away from home a bit”,she mentions.
I smile while looking at her.
“I am happy to hear that”,She smiles and nods.
“When are you ending this fasting before you starve yourself to death?”,She asks.
“After 3 days will be fine”,I say.
“Ayi I wouldn't be able to do that shame. ”,She mentions.
“It is wonderful when you feel so aligned with God during that duration. It feels peaceful”,I say.
“Well we will stick to what we know,Rethabile!”,We both look at her. 
“Come back don't go near the water”,Mimi mentions and Rethabile moves closer to us where we can keep an eye on her. 
“When is your handsome husband coming back?”,She says and I laugh.
“After 2 weeks”,I say.
“Have you done it?”,She asks.
“What?”,I ask.
“Waitsi gore ke bua ka eng Mvelo(You know what I am talking about Mvelo)”,She makes hand gestures.
“I am lost”
“I mean sex, have you guys had sex”,I blush that very moment.
“Hayi Mimi”,I shy away and she screams.
“You have done it with him, well expected mara I didn't think gore you would do it with your holy ass”,She pushes me lightly.
“Kana I thought gore wena le Jabu were boring in that thing. I have never heard you moan before”,she says.
“Haah Mimi you listen to other people having sex?”,I ask.
“No but I have to hear something”,I am in disbelief.
“So tell me how was it like?”,She continues.
“Normal”,I say and my cheeks feel red as I think of how Thulani makes me feel during that time. 
He becomes so ever gentle and also he introduced me to brand new things I didn't know about. I didn't think sex without a lubricant could feel so wonderful.
“Look at you blushing”,She says and laughs.
“Please leave me alone”,she laughs. 
My phone rings and I take it out of my bag and It is a video call from Thulani. I quickly answer it and his face displays on the screen.
“Oh this is interesting, hi sthandwa sami”,he says with a smile platered all over his face.
“Hi baby”,I say.
“You are at the beach without me there and it seems like you are having some fun”,He mentions.
“I am with Rethabile and Mimi. It is hot today so we thought we should go out”
“And sengiyaphuthelwa(And I am missing out)”,I giggle.
“Don’t worry you are not missing much”
“I wanted to check up on you and if you are still okay”
“I am okay”,I say
“Okay, I love you”
“I love you too bye”,I wave and we hang up. 
“This is cute”,Mimi says shying away from her phone.
Rethabile discards her sand castle and comes to us running. 
“Mama can I have some juice?”,Mimi takes out a juice box for her and she takes it and thanks her before rushing away to her sand castle. 
I keep on looking at her as we are seated here. 

NONKONZO MVELASE

“This dress looks beautiful and I like it”,I say as I look at my friend's fitting their bridesmaids dresses.
“They look wonderful Mngani”,I smile and look at my wedding planner.
“Now that the dresses are sorted out we can proceeded to the hair styles and also the colour of the day”,She mentions and I nod.
“Yes”,I say and my friends go and change from their dresses. I sit with the designer and we speak up on how I want my dress designed and I want it to be a coffee cream colour. My dress that is, I don't want it to be white in that sense as well. 
Nomvula's phone rings from her bag and I call out for her and she comes out of the dressing room all changed up with the dress in her hands. 
“Your phone is ringing”,I say.
She quickly takes it out of her bag and she answers it shying away.
“Hello”,She answers.
She keeps quiet and the rest of our friends come out of the changing room with their dresses. 
“I am coming”,Her tone has became much softer. She hangs up after that and shoves her phone in her hand bag.
“I have to go friend”
“Oh are you good?”,I ask her as she is avoiding eye contact with me.
“Yes I am, I have an emergency I will call you”,she mentions before disappearing. 
My phone rings and I take mine out and it is my brother. I have been avoiding him with meeting up with Qophelo for a while now but he is starting to get impatient and when he retaliates I would not like it at all. 
“Bhuti”
“Nkonzo angithandi lento oyenzayo(I don't like what you are doing)”,He mentions.
“I am sorry”,I say.
“Sigaxabaniswa ubala(let's not fight over nothing)”,I keep quiet.
“We will host dinner at his house tomorrow”,I say.
“I am not available tomorrow I have stuff to do”,Ayi Ke angazi (I don't know then)
“Okay”
“I will ca you be ready”
“Okay”,I roll my eyes.
“And drop that attitude”,he hangs up after that. 
I take my phone and shove it in my bag.
“What is wrong friend?”
“My brother wants to meet Qophelo”
“That is not a problem”
“You don't know Lange, he is unfiltered and mean”,I say.
“He can't be that bad”,Oh he can be.  I don't even know how my parents produced such a person. 
I sigh frustrated. I don't want my brother making Qophelo uncomfortable and I know he can do that if he likes to and feels like he is not good enough for me when he is good enough for me.

NOMVULA ZUNGU

I left my friend's appointment quiet early but we were already done with the fitting and now I am here with this man in his suitable house. It does have a female touch indicating that he really has a female someone in his life that he would discard the second I let things be between the both of us.
I should be staying away from him mainly because I don't want to cheat on Senzo and secondly that he is my friend's brother and I wouldn't want to put our friendship in an uncomfortable position at the moment. 
He fetched me from my place just we can go and “eat” and the eat has landed us at his place. I am seated on the couch looking at the TV and I want to leave. A part of me wants to because this all feels wrong. I don't see the need for dump mg boyfriend that I hardly know and have a garentee that things would work out for the best between the both of us. He appears from the kitchen. Already with some juice with him and he settles the glasses infront of me and I look at him as he sits down next to me and hands the glass over to me and I thank him.  He takes his and has a sip and I do the same.
“You have to relax you know I don't bite”,He mentions.
“Mmmh”
“I won't do anything to you, well if you don't want me to”,He smirks.
This lightish thing seems to be in his element at the moment.
“Well I wouldn't want to do anything with you”,I say.
He chuckles. 
“Okay”,He takes a sip off his drink. 
I am asking myself what am I doing here honestly. 
“Have you dumped that boy?”,He asks placing his glass on the coffee table infront of us.
“Why would I dump my boyfriend?”,I ask.
“Mmmh”
There is some silence between us before he turns to look at me.
“Nomvula what are you doing here?”,I am taken aback by his question.
“What do you mean what am I doing here? You asked to see me”
“And you had a choice to decline. You being here means that you want to be here”,I am tongue tied.
Mainly because he is right, I could've not been here if I wanted to. 
“I-I”,I put my drink down.
“Hlala phansi( Sit down)”
“I won't stand being in your presence”,I say.
“Ngokuthi ngikubuze umbuzo ngakutsela iqiniso elincane nje usuyalwa(Just because I asked you a question and told you a little truth you are now fighting)”,He mentions.
“I am not fighting you are just irritating me right now”
“Sit down Sengwayo”,I look at him.
“You don't even ask”
“Isn’t it when we talk nicely you don't cooperate”
“To what? I am not some machine”
“When did we get here?”,He sighs and gets up from the couch and steps closer to me as I step back. 
He quickly captures my waist in his arms and he looks at me.
“You love being dramatic and I will end that do you hear me?”,He says so ever softly. 
I swallow my saliva.
“Uyezwa?(Do you hear me?)”,He asks.
“Yes”,I find myself answering. 
“Let's go and eat before I fix you”,he mentions.
“Fix me how?”
“My own way”,he says and pulls me to the kitchen with him. 

NOMVELO GWALA

We got back home after hours feeling tired and want nothing more than bathing and sleeping at this moment. Rethabile bathed and slept right after she was clean and I also took a bath and now I am getting some water from the kitchen and I will read a scripture and pray before I sleep.
I haven't talked to Thulani since during the day but I trust that he must be asleep where he is but even so I am just tired and right now all I want to do is sleep.
“Hey”,Mimi appear behind me. 
“Hey, how are you?”,I ask.
“I am okay, I have some news”,She mentions.
“Okay”
“I found a school for Rethabile but it is in the Eastern Cape”,She mentions and I feel the pit in my stomach.
“Isn't there one near Johannesburg or somewhere where there are people she knows in the same province to help where they can in times of emergencies?”,I ask and she sighs before she sits on the high chair.
“I don't know anymore Mvelo”,She says.
“Lets search schools in KZN and around Gauteng too”,I say.
“I don't want her in Gauteng”,She mentions and I understand that.
“Okay atleast here in kzn”
“I don't even know how I will get to pay for her school fees”
“God will provide. He always does”,She looks at me and smiles.
“You have so much faith in God”
“He has never turned his back on me”, Sadness washes over her face.
“He has turned his on mine”
“Never. If he did you wouldn't be this strong and alive.”,I say.
“Mmmh”,I take a sip off my water and then she gets off the high chair.
“Thanl you for loving Retha like this”
“She is a wonderful child”
“Thank you”,She mentions
“Good night”,She says and she goes away. 
I finish drinking my water and I leave the room as well.