Chapter 10

Chapter 10

What feels like a captured moment makes it last forever when it is really short lived in all honesty but what makes it last forever is the great feeling that comes with it that I can attest. 
I am back in Johannesburg. I got here about an hour ago and I am prepared to go to work and actually send it my notice that I will be leaving work. It is official. I am moving back home and I will start with my sewing career more.  Thulani gave me so much insight on it and encouraged me that I also attend those small business conferences so that I can grow as a brand. He says I will now be a brand and represent my work in the process of it as well. 
Mimi told me that she will be gone tonight so I opted to baby sit Rethabile at that moment. I had missed sitting with her and having her ask me unnecessary questions that some I couldn't or didn't even know how I would be able to answer them.
I  am standing outside of the building of my work place. I have been stationary outside it for a little while now and I have been gathering courage of how I would face my manager. After all he is the one who hired me. 
I walk inside and I make my way in passing and greeting anyone who I know that we work together with. I ask about the Manager's whereabouts and they tell me he is by the bar and I go up to him. I find him busy talking to the barman and I get to them and I greet. 
“Mrs Gwala nice to finally see you turn up for work”,The manager mentions.
“Uhm yes sir”,He folds his arms across his chest.
“What is your excuse ?”,He asks.
I breathe in and out before I could answer him.
“I am here to ask to be let go from work”,I mention and he looks at me before he turns to glance at the barman and then he looks at me again.
“I have never heard of this, why?”,He asks.
“I am moving back home to my province in KZN. I cannot keep up with the life here as it is too much for me and my mother needs me”,It always works.
“You know you have to serve a months notice”,He mentions.
I keep my silence. 
“Gwala”,He shakes his head.
“You may go, I understand but next time in a job serve your notice early”,He mentions.
“Thank you so much, I will keep that in mind”,He nods.
I quickly rush out and I make my way out.
Thank God that I was able to inform them that I am going to stop working here. I am grateful to Mimi for getting me this job but I think it is now my time go actually let the experience go as nice as it was but hopefully by God's grace I will find another one. 
I go to town and pass by Cash Crusaders and I go there to ask and know how much I would receive for my fridge and all the appliances that are still in good shape if I trade them in for cash and I get my quotation before I leave and I go and take a taxi up going home. I should buy a smart phone and get to know how it works properly so that I would be able to do more work effectively. 
I haven't told my mother that I am moving back home soon but I am well enough sure that she will be estatic with the idea of me going back home. 
I get to the area I live in and I get off the taxi and I walk the rest of the little journey to where I live. It is still a bit quiet on the roads and the school children are no where to be seen at this moment but soon they will be running up and down the road all afternoon forgetting that they have some sort of homework to do when they get back home. 
I get to my room and I take out the keys out of my bag. I paid my rent for the next month though I think by that time I will be gone back home but it does not really matter as it serves as a notice too. 
I get inside and I put my bag on my bed and I go and take a plastic bag just to take it out side since it is full.
My phone rings and I go and take it and answer it there.
“Mancwane”
I find myself feeling a bit flushed. 
“Ntaka, how are you?”,I ask.
“I am well,How are you?”,He asks.
“I am good”,I say.
“I miss you”,I blush a little.
“I have not been gone for long”,I mention.
“I know but I do. If I didn't have to be physically here I would be following you right now coming there”,He mentions.
“Aren't we getting obsessed now there”,I say
“It is not being obsessed but rather yearning to be in your presence”,He mentions.
“I will visit before I go home”,I mention.
“Tell me when you are leaving okay?”,I nod my head.
“Okay”
“Mvelo?”
“Thulani”,I reply.
He has a long pause before he answers.
“I love you”,I feel something nudge in my stomach as softly as it can be.
“I hope I am not scaring you or I am being forward”,he continues to mention.
“Not at all”,I say softly.
He chuckles lightly on the other side. 
“Have a great day MaZungu”, He mentions
“You too”,We end the call and I smile. 
I go and throw  away the trash bag and then I come back inside my room.