Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I pull the piece of cloth from under the sewing machine and I give in to a closer look and I smile. I didn't think that I still have it in me to make clothing again and that it would be great the way I have presented it. I need to work better with the stitching though but I think that I have outdid myself so far. I get up from the palstic chair and I quickly change out of the clothes that I am wearing and I change into this dress I have made and I turn around and look at myself through the mirror. I turn around and examine the dress and I am satisfied. I take it off and wear what I was wearing earlier and then I go back to the sewing machine to perfect the imperfections. My phone rings while I am still working and I quickly attend to it. I answer it.
“Hello”
“I sent money and then you keep quiet all of a sudden Nomvelo”,I giggle at my mother's outburst.
“I was going to call and thank you. I did send a message and I wanted to show you what I did”,I mention.
“Take a picture and send it to me”,She mentions.
“I will”
“When are you coming home?”,I sigh and sit on the bed. 
“I don't know. I will ask for a leave and come down there”
“Your father would love to have you home”
I would also love to be home.
“I will let you know when I have gotten a few days off”
“Okay, I am proud of you guys both of my daughters.”,My mother mentions.
“Thank you for supporting us Mama”,I mention.
“I love you. I will call you later”
“Okay, I love you”,We end the call. 
I put my phone away and I get back to the sewing I was doing.
I am glad my mother got me back into doing this, I feel like it is a good distraction for me and I do not get to feel the loneliness that creeps in this room. 
I finish up with doing my dress and I lay it on the bed. I am still going to iron it before I put it away. 
I clean up my room and place all my sewing things away.
I have been working on that dress everytime I came back home from work and sleep when I am tired. 
I get done and I go and get some water from the tap outside and I come back inside my room. I am going to cook now and the sun is out too. I will just make something quick and light for myself them I will rest a bit.
I get down with making some food and I get done quickly. I then boil some water just to take a bath before I rest. I get some water from the bucket and then I pour it in the bathing basin. I wait for the kettle to click and then I pour the water inside the basin.  I strip and get inside and I take a bath. After I am done I get out and I lotion then get dressed before I go and discard the water outside.
I go and take there after. I am a bit tired really.
.
I woke up later and it was dark outside. I got off the bed and I went to close the curtains and then I opened the lights, I went to dish up for myself and warm my food up. I look for some juice in the fridge and then I take it out and pour it in a glass. My phone rings and I leave what I am doing and I go and get my phone and it is Qophelo. He is such a regular caller now.
“Hello”
“Hello Nomvelo, how are you?”
“I am well and yourself?”, I ask.
“I am okay, just doing some work”,He mentions.
“At this hour?”
“Yes, a man never rests if he wants to provide a good life”,He mentions.
“I guess”
“I wanted to ask that...”
Silence prevails. 
“I hope I didn't make you comfortable by asking you to be there at umembeso”,He mentions.
“Not at all. I am not uncomfortable at all and I cannot turn down an invite now”,He chuckles.
“Tell me”
“Mmh?”
I go and sit on the bed properly.

NONKONZO MVELASE

I am having a long days at work with this case and it has been draining and tormenting me mainly because I have never solved anything like it before but I am up for the challange and my boss trusts me with this case and I will deliver. I grab some wine from the fridge in my apartment and I pour a glass and I take a sip from the wine glass. I then take my phone and I make a call to one of my friends. We haven't spoke in a while and we have some catching up to do with my friends.
We met in university and we haven't been seperate ever since. There are 4 of us and we always do things together whether it is planned little trips around the country or we have to attend anything we do it together. That is how much of our friendship is like.
The phone rings and it gets answered quiet quickly. I take a sip of my wine as the phone is pressed on my ear.
“Friend!”
“Friend,How are you?”,I ask.
“I am good. You do not sound good”,She says.
“Well I am having a difficult time with a court case and also wedding rushes”,I mention.
“Oh yes! How is that going?”
I sigh, I do not even know if I should tell her or not but I refrain from telling her what Qophelo mentioned.
“It is going okay, my mother suggested we have the Lobola and Umembeso together on the same day”
“Do you want that?”,She asks.
“Yes, as long as I have a beautiful day that is all”
“And your man?”,She asks.
“Qophelo is fine with anything”I mention.
“Well then I do not see a problem too”
“Yes”
I take another sip off my beverage.
“Have you set the date yet?”,She asks.
“The lobola will be on the 2nd of next month”,I mention.
“Haibo friend such short notice. I need to look good and I do not know where I will get a quick dress done!”,Ntsiki mentions.
I laugh.
“Do not worry much about that. You being there would mean alot”
“I cannot believe you are getting married friend”,I smile.
“Yes, to Qophelo too”,we laugh.
I remember how I took interest in Qophelo before he can even notice who I am but I am happy with where we are now.
“Yes, who would've known honestly. We should do lunch together with the others”
“Yes please. This coming weekend”,I mention.
“Great! I am off anyway”
“Okay, we will plan it out then inform the others”
“Okay Friend I have to go”
“Bye”
We end the call and then I drink the rest of the content in my glass.
I go and open the fridge and I take out some fruits. I will just have some fruit salad, that would be enough for me. 
I make a fruit salad and I take off my slippers as they make my feet feel hot. I walk bare footed on my tiles and I push them to the living room before I throw myself on the couch. 
My phone rings as I grab the remote and I look at it. It is Qophelo. I answer.
“Hello baby”,I say.
“My love, how are you?”
“I am good, I just wish you were here”
“Just a few weeks left and we will live together”,I smile. 
I will not sell my apartment. I will rent it out.
“How was your day at work today? You mentioned that you will be going to Pretoria”,I say .
“Yes, it went well. We got approval to start with the foundation of the building”
“That is great baby”
“Nonkonzo”
“Qophelo”
“I love you so much, please do not doubt that”,He mentions.
“I love you too”
“I am coming there now, I will bring Pizza”,He mentions.
“Pleaee bring pepperoni Pizza.”
“Okay, I will. I will see you in a few minutes”,I smile.
“Okay baby”,We end the call and I quickly rush to the bedroom and I take out my pyjamas. I then take out my bathing salts that are scented and then I went to quickly go and take a bath. I know Qophelo will arrive here when he feels fresh and I also want to feel like that too.