Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I don't know if he is nervous or he is just being himself but ever since we landed he has been holding my hand in his. I wore one of the dresses that I made and comb my little afro well. Soon I would be able to do some braids just like other ladies do them. He is wearing semi- formally but he looks good. Everytime I pray I thank the Lord twice for the husband I have and I do feel much blessed to have him.  We are in the car ubering our way to the wedding venue. I do not think any of his family members are expecting us to arrive but this would be a nice surprise too. 
He keeps on rotating my ring on my finger back and forth. Yes it is not that well fitted but I like it a bit loose. I don't want to one day have it not come off my finger then I would have to chop my finger off. That is something I do not want to go through.
“Are you nervous?”,I ask and he looks at me. 
He heaves a sigh and just presses his lips and I know then to give him a moment just to collect himself and be okay before we reach the venue. 
The drive is silent and so as the driver is silent. Soon enough we get to the venue and we hop out of the car and then leave the ride. Already the Uber has been paid for.  I have never been here before, in the Western Cape. I am sure that the wedding would be something much finer. 
As we enter we encounter his mother all dressed up in a nice two piece with a huge hat on her head almost covering her face but she doesn't seem to see it bothering her as she wants to make a statement with it. 
“Isikhathi siyahamba Mani! Go and tell your brother's to finish up before I dress them up myself”,She mentions to her daughter and the girl leaves. 
She turns in frustration and she sees us approaching. My heart is beating very fast.
“Thulani,you finally arrived mntanami”,She soon falls dramatically in her child's hands and starts to fake cry. 
“You almost killed me, what were people going to say about me heh?”,She is still making crying sounds. 
Thulani looks at me and I shrug my shoulder.  It is his mother he knows her best but most of all they are not to far apart in dramatic Ness with my mother. 
“Mah you are embaressing yourself”,He says and makes her stand well. She wipes her imaginary tears. 
“I am so happy to see you mfana wami. I am glad you changed your mind about coming”
“I didn't, Nomvelo is the one who forced me to come”,She turns to me and pulls me into a hug.
“I am so happy Mntanami. Thank you so much for bringing him here”
“You don't have to thank me mah”,I say.
“Come let's go and find your father then your brothers”,His mother says to us.
“We will see them later. We just want to settle down”,Thulani says.
I think he is avoiding seeing his brother.
“Oh, okay then”,She leads us to the church and it looks so beautiful. We find space and we settle down together. 
“Don't worry the day will go by quickly”,I say.
“I hope it does”,He says.
I sigh. 
“I need the bathroom. Can you hold my bag while I go and find one?”,I ask.
“Let's go together. I do not trust people here”
“No one will kidnap Md Mzimela”
“I do not trust people here”,I sigh and nod. 
We get up and we go out of the church and we go and look for the bathroom. We find it and then he stands outside the bathroom door while I go inside and do what I want to do. Within some time I am done and I walk out of the room and I go and wash my hands before we leave. He wraps his arm around my waist.
“I love how you are gaining weight”,He says.
“Why?”
“It just makes me feel happy”,He says and kisses my neck.
“Thulani uzongiqhatha nabantu(You are going to get me into trouble)”,I say.
“Are you sure nothing is baking in there?”,He asks and his hand rests on my stomach.
“Nothing yet”
“Kumele sikulungise lokho maduze awuboni Mkami(We have to fix that soon my wife)”
“Let's go baby”,He turns me around and we stop he leans closer to me and he gives me a kiss.
“I love you okay?”,I nod my head.
“Yes”,He kisses my neck and nibbles on it for a little while before he kisses my forehead when he sees that I am running out of breath. 
I cannot compose myself that moment. 
“Mmmh”,We are in a public place to be doing this. 
“Come let's go”,He wraps his arm around my waist and we walk off going to where we were seated. We sit down and we see that people have filled up the place.  I am nervous for no reason at all.  The pastor has arrived as well which is good usually that is the most stressful thing.
His mother and father walk in and they are hand in hand. They go and sit at the first row on the right side of the place.
The groomsmen follow walking in and his brothers look dapper. Eyes are on one person when Qophelo walks in the room too to go and stand with his groomsmen. 
Thulani is much silent during this moment and he is not saying anything. I am not blaming him, we are all much silent.