Chapter 41

Chapter 41

NOMVULA ZUNGU-MVELASE

I was restless more or less I could not sleep without Lange in bed next to me. I am not used to it, I would be sleeping with my daughter but she went to visit her grandparents and I do not mind at all.  My mother in law loves her so much and I expected her to not like me as well considering the fact that I am not her daughter's favourite anymore but still she loves me and that is all that I am grateful for. I haven't called my twin sister in a while and I have to check how Nomvelo is doing but last time we spoke she was making her way overseas. I am happy for her, it is like my face is also going to be overseas on what achievement she makes.  I try to call Lange and it just rings unanswered. Which is strange a bit but I do not dwell in it. 
I am just happy that I have not been bothered by Senzo in a while but also I feel like I am starting to feel a bit scared that he might surface again. I go to the kitchen and I get myself some water and check the time and it is past midnight now. I am really worried that he is not back and I wonder what has happened to him. This cold feeling that I am feeling doesn't want to go away from me and it bothers me. 
I drink up the water and rinse the glass and I hear the door unlocking and I go to the door and I see him walking in wearing a hoodie that I do not have any knowledge off. 
“Baby, you are still up”,He says.
“I could sleep, the bed felt cold”,I say looking at him. 
“I am back now"
“I was worried”
“Don't worry”,I just nod my head.
I have a lot of questions but I will ask them in the morning when we have a fresh mind. I don't want us fighting in the middle of the night as to why he came back home this late but I am not letting this go.  
He closes the door and moves from it.  I notice the little limp and he is trying so hard not to make it noticible but I can see it as he seems to be in some sort of pain.  
“Why are you limping?”,I say.
“Nginyelile(I sprained my ankle)”,He says.
“Don't lie and the change of clothes where did you get them?",I ask.
“Why are we having such Conversations at this time. Can we sleep and we can talk in the morning I am a bit tired”,
“If you were really tired you were going to come back home early now you are going to sleep here until you answer my simple question with honesty”,I say.
“Baby the couch is not made for someone to lay on it comfortably”,He says in a begging tone.
“Are you going to answer my question?”,I fold my arms.
“Seriously ?”
“Ngabe ulele manje ( You could be sleeping now)”,I say.
“I just cut myself during work”,He says.
“Good night”,I say and walk away and he follows after me.
Now he is limping after me. I get to the bedroom door and I turn to him. 
“Are you ready to talk?”,I ask.
“Baby it's nothing”,He says.
I step closer to him and take in his scent and he smells fresh too with a manly shower gel. 
“I don't want to jump conclusions here Lange just answer the questions honestly”,I say.
He sighs and closes his eyes.
“Promise you will not get angry”,He says looking at me and I squint my eyes. 
“I cannot promise that”,I say.
“I can't tell you then”,He says.
“Ungangidini( don't irritate me) already you chose to stay up late this is not what I thought about staying up late”
“Baby just promise me”,I sigh.
“Okay I promise”,I say. 
“I was shot”,I widen my eyes.
“By who? Did you report this to the police?”,I ask.
“No I didn't”
“Why? Wh...”,He interrupts me by giving me a perk on my lips. 
“Can we go and sleep now?”,He asks.
I sigh and just nod my head. 
I turn around and get inside the bedroom and he follows after me.  Alot is running through my mind. Who shot him and why was he shot? We should report this to the police.
I take off my summer gown and I slip into bed and he takes off the pants and not the hoodie. He goes to the wardrobe and takes out a vest. I can see the bandage around his leg.  I cringe, how was he going to hide that? He goes to the ensuite bathroom and comes out dressed in boxers and a vest which he hardly does but I let him be.  He gets in bed and sleeps on he side and lays his hand on my waist. My husband is acting strange and it is hurting me at the moment. He is not like this most of the time. I don't want to think alot into this but he has been acting very strange lately and it does not sit well with me.  I wish that I had someone to talk to about this but also I don't want to discuss my marital problems to people. I close my eyes and sleep with worry in me.