Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“Nomvelo here is Nomvula!”,My mother shouts for me as she is outside.
I leave my bedroom as I leave all that I was doing. I was just doing the final touches on an outfit that I am working on. Well it was requested for and I started working on that outfit after I was done with my dress and my mother's dress. I wear my shoes by the door and I see her car parked infront of the house on the driveway and they are hugging with my mother. I get out of the house and walk towards them and I look at Nomvula hesitant to come any closer but she gives me a warm smile and I realx a bit since this week had started. I walk towards her and she throws her arms around my body.
“Hey,how are you feeling?”,She asks.
“Suprisingly nervous”,I mention.
We break the hug and she looks at me.
“Don't be, you have got this”
“Tell her, she is scared that they might not come tomorrow”,My mother mentions.
Yes tomorrow is the lobola negotiations. The weeks were quiet dreading but now that the day is near I wish to go back to those dreading weeks. My father managed to get through the Gwala family and everything went smoothly and my mother in law could not wait to part ways with me. After all I am the “Witch” who killed her son in her eyes. I have been unease since the week started and I am just scared. Thulani's family is bigger than the Gwala family and he has alot of siblings. I wonder how everyone will feel about me?How his mother would be towards me? All of this is going through my mind the whole time. I hardly eat even and I had been used to eating because of Thulani and now I can even digest anything. 
“Don't worry, have any of the cousins came? Where are omalume?(uncle's?)”,Nomvula asks.
“Your father is going to fetch his brother in town”,My mother clearifies.
“Okay,Let me take my things”
“Let me help you”
“Don't worry,it's just one bag”,She mentions and I nod.
I go and close the gate while she takes her things out of the car and we make our way inside the house. We get inside and we rush to my room.  Yes we started using seperate rooms right after high school. My mother thought that we like different things of which we do but today she will be sleeping in my room and the guests will use her's.  She places her bag on my bed and then goes to the sewing machine.
“You are almost done with my two piece?”,She asks and I nod my head. 
I am happy with the way we are now. We are not exactly the way we were while growing up but we are getting better than we were these past few years.
“Yes I just needed to sew properly the hem of it then I am done”,I say.
“I will look pretty tomorrow”,She mentions in excitement.
“You will”,I mention.
“I bought something for you”,She mentions and goes to her bag and she takes out a gift bag.
“What is it?”,I ask.
“Open it”,I open it and it is a bag.
She encourages me to open it and I do, I pull out some lacy nets and I look at them looking at her.
“What is this for?”,She takes it into her hands and she spreads it a bit out and places it on my body.
“I knew you wouldn't have a clue dear sister. This is a lingerie now since you are getting married again you need to up your game in the bedroom and wear these type of clothes everyday”,She mentions.
“This is barely nothing”,I say.
“That is the point Mvelo. Your boyfriend would love this”,She says with a big smile.
I look at her.
“Is this Christian sanitary?”
“Yes Mvelo. Adam and Eve were naked in the garden of Eden so?”,I sigh.
“Okay try these ones and if you don't like them you can throw them away”,She takes 5 of them in different colours.
“I will try them”
“Good”,She smiles.
She sits on the bed opposite me.
“So what family are you marrying this time?”,She asks.
I put the things inside the bag.
“I am going to be your friend's sister in law”,I say and smile at her.
“Friend? Which one?”,She asks with a frown before she pops her eyes.
“You are marrying Qophelo?”,She asks.
“No why would I? His older brother”,She laughs
“Tell me you are joking Mvelo, Wow!”,She laughs and claps her hands.
“Yes”
“That boy will die”
“I don't care really”
“So you went for the heir,That is my sister!”,She says and gives me a high five”
“This is not some game Mvula, I like Thulani so much”,She has her mouth agape in amusement.
“I just didn't think you had it in you”,She mentions.
“Yes”
“Wow, So does Qophelo know?”
“No, his brother is scared I don't know about what but soon he will know”
“He has to know to back away from you and Nonkonzo too needs to be set in check”
“This is not a game or something like that and I don't really care what they do or say”
“Still”,there is a knock on my door. It opens and my mother pops her head inside.
“Come and eat the both of you”,She mentions.
“Okay”,Nomvula replies and my mother closes the door.
“We need some wine for this conversation”,She mentions before standing up from the bed.
“I don't drink”,I mention.
“Jesus turned water into wine Mvelo I am sure it is fine”,She laughs and I just shake my head. 
“I cannot believe it either”