Chapter 22

————

———— K I O S H I ————

————

"Mum and Dad want you to invite your girlfriend over for Christmas."

I stared in disbelief at my sister who was smiling at me through the phone, "What?"

"Yup," She grinned, "They want to meet their future daughter in law."

"You told them?" I dried my hands on the towel and picked up my phone.

Koko laughed, "There's no need to cry about it Kio."

"I was cutting onions, dipshit," I grumbled, wiping at my slightly damp eyes.

Fuck whoever made onions.

"Why the fuck would you tell them Yoshiko? I specifically asked you not to."

She sighed, "You can't keep something like that from your parents Kio, I did you a favour. Their gonna love her when they meet her!"

Shit shit shit. Ivanna wasn't going to like that.

"Tell them we can't make it."

She raised her brows, "And why can't you guys make it?"

"Because," I gritted my teeth, "We can't fucking make it."

"You have no games around Christmas?"

"No," I frowned, " We're on break."

"Ok tomorrow's Saturday. Leave on Monday."

"No."

She giggled, "I'll go and tell them, they'll be so happy!"

"Yoshiko I swear if you-"

The line went dead.

I groaned, so frustrated I felt like tearing my hair out.

"Woah," Naveen shouted over the tv, "Is everything good?"

"I'm going upstairs, finish off the rest." I called back, leaving before giving him a chance to wine about how terrible he was at cooking.

Slamming my bedroom door shut, I heaved a sigh. I highly doubted Ivanna was going to be very happy. Meeting my parents when we weren't even dating?

Ok, I'd thought about it, asking her to actually date me.

But could you blame me? Ivanna was fucking amazing in so many ways I hadn't realized. And waking up with her and telling her about one of the worst times of my life had felt so... normal.

But there was no way I was telling her that. I'd rather die than endure her ridiculing me. It was stupid.

I heaved a sigh before lying back on my bed and calling her.

She answered on the first ring, "Can I come over?"

"Huh?" I blinked.

"Can I come over?"

"Uh yeah sure, how was your friend?"

She hadn't told me much when she'd asked me to leave, but I'd pretty much out it together.

Her friend, (Camilla or something) liked me. I was pretty sure I'd fucked her before but I couldn't really remember. It was just too bad that I liked Ivanna, not her.

"I'll tell you when I get there."

"Sure, Naveen's in the kitchen but the front door's open anyway. Come straight up."