22 // Mine

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

It could've been his mind playing tricks on him, but Knox swore his heart had stopped beating the moment Everett passed out in his arms.

How they made it back to the clubhouse in one piece remained a blur.

Knox immediately called Keith, the club's doctor, and requested an emergency meeting despite Everett regaining consciousness. Knox wasn't fucking around about Everett's health, so he ignored the boy's claims that nothing was wrong with him. Knox wouldn't rest until he got clearance from a medical professional that Everett was going to be okay.

"Keep pacing the floor like that and you'll end up walking a hole in it." Josie is leaning against the wall in the empty hallway, one hand on her hip and the other rubbing slow circles on her swollen belly as she watches Knox crack under the pressure. "Doc knows what he's doing, okay? Everett is going to be fine—"

"It's been forty minutes," Knox cuts her off, his voice gruff and strained with unnecessary worry. "What the hell is taking them so long? He didn't get shot or stabbed..." Knox continues to pace the floor, his mind ferociously taunting him by replaying the moment when Everett went limp in his arms. "He fucking fainted. People faint all the time, right? It shouldn't be a big deal."

Josie sighs and mumbles something under her breath, but Knox ignores her.

His eyes remain fixed on his bedroom door, which is where Keith has been playing his role with Everett while utilizing Knox's bedroom as his own personal examination room. The older man has been in business, private and never public, with The Fallen Angels for years, so the trust is there. Everett is in good hands, but that still isn't enough for Knox to completely dismiss the thought that Everett may be broken beyond repair.

"Fuck it," Knox mutters, dragging a hand over his face. "Five more minutes and I'm going in there."

"Knox—" Josie starts.

"I said what I said," Knox snaps.

Josie shakes her head, laughing. "You're being very telling right now. I hope you know that."

"I'm well aware," Knox says, unable to locate his poker face to pretend like nothing is wrong with him.

He can't help but be a little dramatic. It's been a hectic fucking day with one crisis happening after another. More fighting, more death, and they're all still one step behind Ghost and Russell. Makes perfect sense why the air feels too thick, and why Knox's clothes suddenly feel too tight. His tank is on empty, and evidently so is Everett's.

"You know, I don't think I've ever seen you wear your heart on your sleeve before." Josie flashes an empathetic smile and pushes off the wall to place a comforting hand on Knox's shoulder when he paces by her. He finally stops. "What's really been going on between you and Everett? Because from where I'm standing, this is giving something that's way past the platonic stage."