𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟐

"You know, I wouldn't have taken you for a chess player, Mr. Mikaelson," Juniper spoke as she lost for the second time that day.

She sat, legs crossed, on a chair as her fingers rearranged the pieces. They were in a small tavern, this one different from the one from all those nights before. It was one made to supply warm food and drinks for the travellers that came and went through the ocean-side town.

Kol grinned as he set his elbows on the small table, resting his chin in his palms as he stared at her, "Oh? Do I not seem sophisticated enough?"

She chuckled as she made her first move, "I was going to say not smart enough but that works too."

A laugh escaped his lips as he tilted his head down before meeting her eyes once more, "So harsh, my dearest June."

"Your dearest? Didn't know we were there yet," She teased as she knocked over one of his pieces and took its place with one of her own.

He grinned as he saw an opening, "Oh? And where are we?"

She scoffed as he won once more, "Clearly not playing chess ever again."

Kol chuckled, "Didn't take you for a sore loser, darling."

Juniper crossed her arms as she leaned back in her chair, "I'm not. I just don't like losing for hours on end."

He leaned forward as a smirk pulled at his lips, "Hate to break it to you, gorgeous, but that's the definition of a sore loser."

The Heartrender rolled her eyes before grabbing a cloth and throwing it at him. The fabric hit his face before it fell to the ground as he stared at her in mock shock.

"Harsh, love. That really hurt."

She rolled her eyes once more as she fought the smile that was threatening to appear on her face, "Shut up."

"I thought you liked my voice. If anything, I think I should talk more, don't you?"

"If you do I will find a muzzle."

He smirked, "Feel free. Though I don't think it would shut me up for long."

"And why is that?"

"Because if I'm wearing a muzzle, how are you going to kiss me?"

Juniper blushed slightly as a chuckle left her lips, "What a shame it would be for me not to kiss you."

"Most women tell me it's a pleasurable experience, especially when I'm between their thi-" Before he could continue, she slapped her hand against his mouth as she glanced around the room, "Kol! You can't say that in public."

He smirked against her hand as he stared at her with amused eyes, "Would you rather I show you?"

His voice was muffled but loud enough so only she could hear it. Her blush increased, the tips of her ears a shade of red that matched her dress.