𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐞

(listen to this while reading

(listen to this while reading. the songs are all in order)

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬, 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝟏𝟒

Juniper twisted her wedding band on her finger as she sat at the bar of the Crow Club, watching over it like she did every other day.

Kaz's gloves were neatly placed in her pocket, making her feel as though he was still with her. Since she started wearing them when she built the new Crow Club, this had been the first time being out in public without them on her hands.

No one mentioned it. The Crows never knew why she wore them, they figured it was scars from a demolition accident or from punching someone the wrong way and splitting your knuckles.

They just never expected her hands to be smooth, no calluses, no evidence of violence painted on them other than the single scar on her middle finger from the time Wylan accidentally threw a knife at her.

The club was empty, other than the Crows which sat huddled up in one of the booths. Juniper sat on the opposite side of them, nursing away the bruises her body held from the night before. Kol had offered at least thirty times to heal her, but she always refused.

She didn't mind the pain she felt with every movement. She didn't mind how her leg had a slight limp as she walked or how her lip stung with every sip of her bourbon.

She'd been that way since she was a kid. Pain just never really bothered her all that much. Probably because her mind was on much more important things at the time like not starving to death.

Kol sat across from her, his knees occasionally brushing against hers.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked after noticing the dazed look in her eyes.

Juniper smiled, "The quickest way to murder my enemies. What are you thinking about?"

He chuckled softly at her words. "Definitely not that."

"No? Then what are you thinking about? World domination? Tax fraud perhaps?"

"Now that you mention it..." He laughed again. "No, I was just thinking about how happy I am to call you my wife."