𝐢𝐱. 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

Kol smirked as Juniper walked into the apartment, him already arriving after leaving the dance twenty minutes before

She was covered in blood from head to toe, no doubt scaring the neighbours if they had the chance to see her. Small dots of blood coated the side of her face, dripping down her neck and seeping into the neckline of a shirt she had stolen from Klaus' closest.

"You had fun, I take it," He mused, his smirk never falling as she moved further inside the apartment, locking the door behind her.

Juniper glanced down at her bloodied clothes before meeting his eyes with a smile, "Sure does look like it."

A chuckle left his lips as he stood up, moving to stand before her as his hand came down to wipe a drop of blood away from her nose. "I got you something."

"Why? You just got me that dress and the shoes."

"I can get you more than two things, darling." He moved away slightly, opening the fridge and pulling out a small box.

"Kol, if that is a bejewelled blood bag like the last time I will hit you."

He grinned, "I promise it's not... That's in the cooler in the other room. This though," He pulled off the top of the box, "This is for you. Happy birthday, Junebug."

She glanced down at the cake with the words 'congratulations on your abortion' written on it with red icing.

She glanced back at him confused, "I didn't have an abortion, Kol."

"It was the only cake they had. I tried scraping it off but it only made it worse and it started smearing everywhere and it looked like I killed someone and spilled their blood all over it and–"

She smiled, "It's perfect. Thank you, baby."

His face flushed as she stood up to kiss his cheek. She grinned as she felt his heart race from her touch.

Juniper looked up at him, eyes filled with an emotion he couldn't fully understand before he felt her place her gloves in his hands. "I'm gonna go shower. I'll be back in a minute."

His mind seemed to come back to him as she turned to leave and he quickly grasped her wrist and spun her back around to face him. "Want me to come with you?" He asked, smirking.

The Heartrender chuckled, "I think I can do it myself."

"I could supervise," He suggested, his smirk never falling.

"Go sit on the couch and wait for me, yeah?"

"Okay... You sure you don't need me to supervise? I'm very good at it, I'm sure."

She gently pushed his shoulders so that he would sit down, "Stay." He stared up at her with doe eyes, hands moving to hold her hips. "Fine. Don't get mad at me if your cake suddenly disappears."