𝐯. 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐

𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐

Kol sat in the Crow Club, Elijah a few feet away, as he read through her plan. It was smart, that was clear, not that he ever questioned her brains.

The one thing that worried him was that she never fully described how she was getting out, only writing what she needed.

Matthias and Jesper soon joined them, dressed in clothing they had stolen off a few merchants. Minutes later, Inej walked in before taking her place behind the bar. She, Matthias and Jesper all had hoods over their heads.

"Do we all remember the plan?"

"Get in there. Find a way to her. Slip her the battery and paperclip. And get the hell out."

The Suli woman nodded. "When we get out, Kol, you will go with Jesper. You two are in charge of the boat. Matthias, Elijah and I will take care of any collateral."

— — —

Arriving at Hellgate had been a hard experience for all of them. The Crows had never stepped foot on the island, nor had the two Mikealsons.

Thankfully, Juniper had provided a map of all the places she had been in the prison. It wasn't much, but it gave them an idea of where to go.

Entering the so-called fortress had been easier than any of them expected. It was a busy night, so it was filled with visitors.

"Why is it so busy?" Jesper whispered to Inej who held a slight frown on her face. "I don't know. I just hope it isn't what I'm thinking it is."

His eyes widened as he realized her train of thought. "Fuck."

They walked further inside, hiding in between the people as they were led into a large room with a cage in the centre.

Kol leaned down to Inej, "What is this place?"

She looked up at him after sharing looks with Matthias and Jesper. "You're not gonna like it."

— — — 

Juniper had been cleaning the animal's cells for the past few hours. It was a dirty job but it meant being out of her cell for a short while so she didn't mind it. The room had three other inmates, some cleaning cells like her, the others sweeping the floor.

The peace was interrupted when a door opened and four guards walked inside. "Get another fighter!"

She breathed out as their eyes landed on her.

"Put me in the ring," One of the other inmates spoke. "I want to face the man calling the shots to see who to damn in the afterlife."

One of the guards pushed him to the ground. "Back off. We're taking the Heartrender." He pointed at Juniper. "You, in the ring. Now!"