𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬

𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑

𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑

"What did you mean back then?" Kol questioned, his pinky still wrapped around hers as they walked through the warmly lit streets of the Barrel.

She hummed, unsure of what he was referring to.

"When you said Rollins was back. I thought he was in prison."

"He was. We fought against each other in Hellshow and he got a tad injured. He escaped from the nurses' quarters. For a long time, I thought he had died from blood loss until I received a letter on my desk."

Kol remembered it. He had been sitting on her couch like normal, Juniper seated on her chair as she looked through papers. He had watched as she pulled out a folded envelope, confusion barely visible in her gaze as she opened it.

Her heart hadn't even changed as she read the few words typed into the pristine white paper.

"What is it?" he had asked only for her to shake her head as she set the letter back on her desk. "Nothing important. Just an old invoice."

He had thought nothing of it at the time. She went through invoices all the time, old and new, most being from when she had to ship in a new liquor supply for the times she challenged Matthias to drinking contests.

"What did the letter say?" He asked, feeling as her pinky held him tighter. She was barely breathing, he could hear her heartbeat as she tried to slow it down. But even as his touch reminded her of Wylan, she didn't let go of him.

"It said their names."

"Was there a location written on it?"

She shook her head silently as she fought the urge to let go of his hand. Water was pooling at her ankles, desperately fighting its way to submerge her. "I went to all of his businesses, even the ones I blew up but he wasn't there. He's probably not even in Ketterdam anymore."

"I could find a witch to do a locator spell," He suggested, knowing she didn't trust herself to use her own magic or her science.

"I already tried," She spoke, pulling out a red ribbon from her pocket, "This was his fake daughter's, he had bought it for her. When the witch tried she saw nothing."

"And he probably is going by a new alias as well," He muttered, remembering the small amounts she had told from the time she met Jakob Hertzoon.

"Mhm. Guess I should've killed him when I had the chance."

"You'll get another one," He promised, "And I'll be there to hold him down."

Juniper chuckled softly, "You'd probably be better than Jesper. He had to vomit the last time he helped me."

Her fingers moved slowly till they held onto his ring and pinky finger. He didn't feel like Wylan's bloated body, his skin didn't feel rotten or squishy, he felt soft and warm.