𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

"Are you sure you know how to captain a ship?" Juniper asked unsurely as they boarded an empty ship left abandoned by some of the now-dead witch hunters

He looked back at her, glaring slightly, "I'm 800 years old, darling. Of course I know how to captain a ship."

She watched as he powered up the steam engine before moving to the wheel. Her chuckling caused his movements to stop, "What?"

She grinned as she shrugged, "Aren't you forgetting something? The lines perhaps..."

His eyes refused to meet hers as he moved from the wheel, "I- I was getting there."

Juniper chuckled as she sat down on one of the benches and pulled her knees to her chest, "Sure you were."

As the boat slowly left the docks she stood once more, this time standing near the edge. She peered down and watched as the water flowed beneath them, appearing almost black in the dark of the night.

"If you're going to jump please reconsider. This journey may be long and I need entertainment."

She bit her lip as she held back a laugh and turned to him, "Well if that's the case I think I'd rather jump."

A grin tugged at his lips as he spun the wheel to the left, "Well if you do, wait till it isn't so deep. I wouldn't want my favourite witch to drown or die of hypothermia before reaching 20."

A light breeze caught the canvas sails moving them forward at a faster pace as Kol pulled out a chart. He stared at it for a moment, muttering quietly to himself as Juniper joined his side.

"You can't read it, can you?" She teased.

He glanced up at her, "I can read a map. It's- It's just dark out."

"Don't vampires have enhanced vision? Meaning... you know, being able to see in the dark- at least better than humans."

He rolled his eyes, "Why don't you read it if you're so knowledgeable? We're going to America."

"America?" She asked as she pulled the paper from his hands and marked out a path with ease, "Why there?"

"Supernaturals are more accepted there," He answered shortly, not letting on the truth as he glanced down to watch as her hands moved along the paper.

"South, east or west coast?" She asked after a moment.

"South. Louisiana."

She frowned as she glanced up, her fingers stopping, "Isn't that where that vampire king is? What's his name again? It's something stupid like Klaus."

His eyes widened slightly as he turned his head to face the other way, "Do you know his surname by any chance?"

Juniper glanced over, "Never heard it personally. Only his first. He has a brother, doesn't he? Eli or something... I'm dreadful with names. It's a miracle I haven't forgotten yours."