𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐦

𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐞𝐥, 𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"You need to come with us, Miss. Zenik." Was all she heard before the world went black.

The Stadwatch had locked her hands behind her back, covered her eyes and brought her to a boat. They locked her in the bilge, locked her hands to the ceiling and left her to stand alone for hours.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked one of the guards when the ship docked and they pulled her out of the boat, dragging her down what felt like a wooden path.

They held her biceps in a bruising grip, the chains that were locked an inch too tight rattled as they walked.

She heard a steel door slam shut before the blindfold was yanked harshly off her face. 

Two guards were standing at the door in front of her and two more were behind her.

It was then that she realized she was in a huge box– a kind of freestanding cell that looked as if it was made from reinforced steel, its seams thick with rivets, a huge window embedded in one of its walls.

Juniper could see a man seated at a table across from her. She didn't recognize him.

Behind her, a stadwatch guard stood at attention. Dimitris. She recognized him from prison. He had been one of her main 'caretakers'.

She hid the fear that crossed through her mind as she realized where she was. She was no longer in the Barrel, instead, she was back in Hellgate.

The man who sat in front of her gestured to one of the guards, flicking his fingers, before they dragged in a boy a few years younger than her who looked to be in the same state as her.

He looked doubly terrified. His hair was sleep-tousled and his legs dangled from the chair, kicking nervously at the air.

"Why all the guards?" asked Juniper. There had to be more than ten of them crowded into the cell. She smirked. "Are you scared of me?"

The man in front of her gave the scared boy an encouraging pat. "Be a brave lad, and there's a few kruge in it for you."

Then he grabbed Juniper's chin with a liver-spotted hand. She didn't react, hiding the way she felt water pool at her knees.

He gave Juniper's head a little shake. "Do as you're told, and this will soon be over, ja?"

She rolled her eyes. "I don't take orders. Especially from idiotic men."

He tsked not liking her answer but looked as though he expected it.

One of the guards that stood by the door said, "You're sure this is wise, Hoede? This girl is the last Corporalnik. And under Mikaelson protection."

"If it were a man, I'd be worried. And the Mikaelsons don't protect her anymore. She's on her own."

"And you've lowered the dose?"