𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬, 𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟑

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬, 𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟑

You never know how much you love someone till you lose them. That's what everyone always says.

To Juniper though? That was complete bullshit.

She knew how much she loved her dad before he died. She knew how much she loved Wylan. She knew how much she loved Kaz.

And she knew how much she loved him. Before him, she had never fallen in love. She thought every person she met was too ordinary. But he was no ordinary man. He was Kol. Her strong Original.

And she had lost him.

Just like everyone else.

She hadn't left her room since Klaus had taken her to it. It had been three weeks.

Elijah brought food to her door every day. It never got eaten.

Every day she heard Klaus stop at her door. She felt his hand hover over the doorknob for a few moments before she heard his steps walk down the hallway.

Elijah tried to talk to her through the closed door. She listened to his words but never answered. She couldn't. It was like every language she knew had left her completely. And all that was left were their last words to her.

Their last moments, their last words, their voices, their faces. It all came flowing back after he resurfaced the memories she had buried years before.

Juniper could still feel Kaz's blood on her hands. She swore she saw it staining her skin when she glanced down at them for a split second.

Kol had made it better.

He filled the void in her heart. It was no wonder how quickly she forgave him. The second he was in her heart, she was never able to get him out.

He made her smile. He made her heart beat again.

And now he was gone. The void was back and her heart felt no more.

Klaus was back again. It was the second time that day that he'd stopped at her door.

But this time– this time he talked.

"Love?" He paused, glancing down at the tray of food that had yet to be touched, "You need to eat, love."

She didn't answer.

"... Name anything and I'll bring it to you. Whatever you want."

She didn't answer.

His hand rested on the doorknob, "I'm gonna come in now. Snap your fingers if you're not dressed."

Juniper rolled her eyes as she pulled the covers of her bed over her face.

When he heard nothing, he opened the door.

The room was dark, curtains completely closed only letting in small streams of yellow light. His eyes moved around the room until he saw the lump under the bed.