Chapter 3

Dauen Pov:

Seungcheol turned towards me, eyes shining brightly. I blushed slightly and quickly hid my face in my hands flustered at the man's intense gaze. I felt his hands gently peel mine off my face and glanced up to see him gazing down at me with kind eyes.

"No need to be shy, Dauen."

"Seungcheol, I-"

THe male ushered me to a small glass table where platters of shortbread cookies, sandwiches, and cupcakes stood along with a jar of lemonade and iced tea. I took a seat and looked outside where a ginormous pool lay as well as a greenhouse a few yards away. When I was comfortable, Seungcheol spoke.

"Well Dauen. Care for any food?"

"Sure, I'll take a sandwich." I shyly replied.

"Alrighty then. Lemonade or tea?"

"Tea please."

As the two of us settled with our plates l suddenly spoke up.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what do you do to amass all this wealth?" I questioned.

"Bold huh?'

"Oh I'm sorry if I said anything offensive-" I spluttered.

"No. No. It's fine. I run a business that specializes in producing weapons and defenses for the army."

"Wow. That's really cool!" I grinned.

"Indeed. Now how about you? What do you do?" Seungcheol asked.

"Oh. I'm a medical student."

"What year?"

"Senior."

"Nice. Are you originally from Seoul?"

I shook my head.

"No. I'm from Jeju Island actually. I came here to become a doctor mainly because I want to earn enough money to pay for my mother's medical bills." I sighed.

"You're a good daughter, Dauen."

I smiled.

"Thanks Seungcheol. You're a good man as well."

Seungcheol's smile suddenly stiffened momentarily, but quickly resumed its gentle form.

"Oh dear. Looks like your lunch period will be over soon and I have a meeting to attend to. I'll have Hoshi take you back. Is that alright?" The male offered, standing up.

"Oh, um sure. Is everything alright?" I asked, confused.

"Yes. How about you visit me on Friday and we can talk again?"

"That sounds great? Should I take a taxi here or-"

"No no. Hoshi will come pick up at the beginning of your lunch period." Seungcheol interrupted.

I nodded and followed the man outside to the limousine.

"Have a good rest of your day, Dauen!" Seungcheol waved as the car left the driveway.

I smiled and waved back. It had been 3 years since I had moved to Seoul. Besides Karina I had not made many friends, perhaps things were starting to look for the better with Seungcheol.