Chapter 41

Joshua POV:

I watched as Dauen shivered from the cold as we stood on the balcony of the boat that was taking us to Jeju Island. Sighing I took off my jacket and placed it around her shoulders, flashing an angelic smile as our eyes met.

"Thanks." Dauen stammered.

"No worries. We'll be at Jeju Island in about half an hour."

"Good. I'm freezing to death over here."

"Hmm? Why don't you go to your cabin? I'll come and get you when we land."

"Sounds good. I'll see you then!"

Dauen left quickly, her heeled boots striking against the floor with a click clack sound. After I was sure that she was gone, I descended from the balcony and headed to the bar where I got a glass of soju. Everything was going to plan. All I needed to do was to lure Jeonghan over, and kill him and take Dauen for myself. Or. . .

I paused. Jeonghan would probably gladly die for Dauen, and I couldn't have him happy now could I? What would really break his heart?

"Ha." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry Dauen, looks like you'll have to die too."

Half an hour later, Dauen and I descended the gangway and picked up a cab where we drove to the Lee Manor. We were welcomed by Joy, the head maid who eagerly ushered us inside.

"Dauen! I didn't expect you to be here. Come in. Come in!" The maid smiled before staring at me with a confused expression.

"Oh um hello Mr.-"

"Mr. Hong. Hong Joshua. I'm an assistant to Dauen." I bowed.

"I see. Please follow me."

I trailed behind Dauen as the maid led the way upstairs to where presumably the guest rooms were. After showing me to my room, I sat on the bed deep in thought. I had fallen in love with Dauen before, but I loved the idea of power even more. I couldn't have both. To reach my goal I would have to kill her and Jeonghan. Kill her. Kill her. Kill her. . .

"Joshua?"

I blinked and turned to see Dauen standing behind me.

"Dauen? What's up?"

"You said my parents were drug dealers. That's not true right?"

I bit back a smirk. This was it. When Jeonghan inevitably came after us, I needed Dauen to be in a vulnerable position to lower my brother's guard. And what better way than to have Dauen have a fainting episode? Wonwoo had mentioned that they were caused by stress and shock. . .

"Why don't you look around the house? I'm sure there's some sort of evidence."

Dauen nodded.

"Okay. what if Jeonghan follows us?"

"I'll take care of it. You just go do your own thing."

"Got it. Stay safe, Joshua."

I smiled.

"You too Dauen."