Chapter 5

Seungcheol Pov:

"ARGHHH!"

I rolled my eyes as I descended the stairs with shaky steps, entering the mansion's basement, or aka the torture chamber. I watched as Minghao continued to the torture the bound male, breaking his fingers, cutting a slits at te the corners of his mouth, whipping his back, and even burning his chest. I sighed as the screams continued for about another hour, before I finally spoke.

"Enough."

The Chinese male turned toward me and bowed before stepping backward, allowing me to address the man who had been poisoning me.

"Yoo Kihyun." I spoke coldly, staring down at the broken male below me.

"Seungcheol." Kihyun snickered.

"Answer me. Who sent you?" I demanded.

"Hahahahah!"

"Shut up you bastard!" Minghao snapped, earning a warning glare from me.

"Sorry sir." He apologized.

I nodded before turning back to Kihyun.

"What's so funny?"

"It's been 7 weeks since I've been adding thallium to your food, you'll be dead in another week."

I froze.

"What are you talking about?" Minghao interrupted.

"I just said it. You'll be dead soon, Seungcheol. No antidote will work, since it's too late. HAHAHHAHA-"

Bang! I lowered my gun and watched as the male slumped forward, dead.

"Get rid of him." I ordered Minghao.

I walked up the stairs to my office and slumped into my office chair. I had been feeling worse. But was it really that bad to die? I had been so busy trying to survive, that even though I was only 28, I was exhausted. I just wanted to rest. Knock. Knock.

"Come in." I called out.

In came Wonwoo, with a stack of files in his hand.

"What is it?" I asked tiredly

"Well sir, Minghao told me what Kihyun said and I checked your vitals. He's correct, somehow he managed to feed you another week's worth of thallium. I've been working on an antidote, though you'll have to take it immediately otherwise the toxin will-"

"No." I finally spoke.

"Excuse me?"

"Kihyun didn't tell me who sent him, but I have a good idea who did."

"Who, sir?"

"Yoon Jeonghan."

Wonwoo's face fell.

"The leader of Daegu? Why would he-"

"Let me tell you something Wonwoo. I met Jeonghan about 7 years ago while attending the mafia ball. You remember that one right? The one where we had to wear those masks?"

 You remember that one right? The one where we had to wear those masks?"

"Yes sir." Wonwoo replied, nodding.  ( such an iconic look! ) 

"Well I was about to leave early when I bumped into Jeonghan who had the same idea. We went to a bar and exchanged numbers and talked about alliances and stuff like that."

"That's where you disappeared to?" Wonwoo gasped.

"Yep."

"God. Hoshi was having a heart attack, thinking you got kidnapped!"

"Nope. Well after a year I made a deal with Jeonghan." I continued.

"What kind of deal was it?"

"Basically we told each other that if the one died their whole gang and territory would be inherited by the other person."

"YOU WHAT SIR?" Wonwoo shouted.

"Shh. My head hearts."

"Sorry sir, but still-"

"That's right. I think that Jeonghan is getting impatient. I think he's the one who sent Kihyun to take me out. After all, it has been 7 years." I explained.

"Are you going to give the territory to him?"

I shook my head.

"Not if he's trying to get it through these means."

"So what are you going to do, Sir?"

"Call my lawyers. I'm going to revise those papers a bit." I smirked.

"Why, though? I can get the antidote real quick and-"

"Wonwoo. I don't mean to live."

The male's eyes widened.

"Sir! You can't be serious."

I held my hand up.

"It's a meta game, Wonwoo. I'm tired of fighting for my life and this toxin isn't making things better. So what, I live and then go into a war with Jeonghan because I found out about his little plan? No. We're going to turn the game onto his head."

The doctor sighed and slumped in defeat.

"Do you have another successor in mind?"

I glanced out at the orange tree planted outside.

"Yes. I do. But you have to trust me on this."