Chapter 31

Dauen POV:

"Hey bitch. Wake up."

I groaned and opened my eyes to see some familiar faces. Jeno. Doyoung and a tall man with deer-like eyes. I was strapped down onto a chair with my hands tied behind my back.

"Ugh. My head hurts." I grumbled.

"Too bad. It's gonna hurt more." Jeno snarled.

"What do you want?"

Doyoung set down a piece of paper in front of me.

"An end to the war, a public declaration that you will never attack NCT again, and tribute in the form of territory and money." Doyoung replied.

"Go to hell." I spat.

Jeonghan POV:

It had been 8 hours since Dauen had left to infiltrate NCT. Beside me, Hoshi looked troubled and constantly fiddled with a pen that was in his hand. Suddenly Vernon's voice came over the loudspeaker.

"I see some figures approaching the mansion!"

"How many, Vernon?" Wonwoo called out.

"Three."

I felt my blood run cold.

"Three? Weren't there five?" I stammered.

"Yeah. It looks like Ryujin, Leeseo. . . oh dear. Kazuha's injured."

"Let's go greet them." Minghao sighed.

I watched as Wonwoo and Joshua helped Kazuha inside. I quickly approached Leeseo and Ryujin who were busy talking to Hoshi.

"Girls? Where's Dauen?"

"And Karina?" Jun added.

"They got captured."

"Excuse me?" I stuttered.

"I'm sorry Jeonghan, we got caught off guard. There was a fight and we got overwhelmed. Karina was knocked out so Dauen stayed behind with her!" Leeseo explained.

"Why didn't you cover her?" I growled.

"We did-"

"Guys! Please come up to the boss's room!" Vernon rushed outside to where we were.

"Vernon, what's going on?"

"I've just received a call from Doyoung! He wants to offer an ultimatum."

After Jun, Hoshi, Minghao, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Vernon, Seungkwan, Joshua, Leeseo, Ryujin, Kazuha and I gathered up at Dauen's office Vernon pressed accept call. Immediately we were met with Doyoung's face against a dark wall stained with blood.

"Ah hello Seoul Gang."

"Doyoung. Where is our boss?" Hoshi growled.

"Oh, her? She's right here. Drag her over, Sungchan."

There were some shuffling noises then Dauen appeared. I choked back a cry. Dauen's beautiful face was full of bruises, her lips were swollen, her nose appeared to broken, and her collarbone area was full of what looked to be like cigarette burns and most disturbingly of all Dauen's right eye socket was covered with blood.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" I roared.

"Torture? What else did you expect?" Doyoung replied calmly. 

"Her eye. . ." Wonwoo pointed out.

"Oh that? I stabbed that one out. If this negotiation process goes well, she won't be blind and Karina won't die."

"You bastard." Jun spat.

"La la la la. I can't hear you. Anyway, here's the ultimatum. In exchange for returning both Karina and Dauen alive, you the Seoul Gang will end this war, make a public declaration that you will never attack NCT ever again, and pay reparations in territory and money."

"How much money?" Minghao asked.

"13,104,200,000,000.00 won. (About 10 billion US dollars)"

"What? That'll cripple us!" Mingyu gasped.

"That's kind of the point, dumbass." Doyoung smiled.

"I- Dauen!"

I stared at my girlfriend's bleeding face. Her lips were moving. Don't give in. I gulped.

"Well?" Doyoung inquired impatiently.

I bit my lip and glanced at Hoshi before responding.

"I accept your terms."

Dauen POV:

My eye widened when I heard Jeonghan's response.

"Hannie-"

I grunted in pain as I felt Doyoung elbow me hard in the gut.

"No talking, Dauen. Now Jeonghan. When shall we meet up to exchange the two prisoners?"

"Prisoners?" Hoshi growled.

"Tomorrow." Jeonghan replied.

"Excellent. I'll arrange for my men to drive you over to our headquarters at 7:00 PM sharp."

I nodded.

"Understood."

"Alrighty. See you later. Ta ta."

The call then ended. I glanced at Jun and Minghao.

"You two. Meet me outside."

Dauen POV:

I flinched as Doyoung ended the call. Surrender? What the hell was Jeonghan thinking?

"Sungchan. Take this disgusting creature back to her cell." Doyoung commanded.

I grunted as the guard roughly grabbed my shoulder and dragged me out of the torture chamber. The last time I had seen Karina was when she was unconscious during the disastrous attack on NCT's storage room. Doyoung had told me that I could avoid being tortured, if I passed on the pain to my friend. Naturally, I had refused his offer. There was no way I was letting my injured friend get tortured. When I was tossed into my cell, I was pleasantly surprised to see Karina there.

"Dauen!" The girl cried when she saw me.

"Karina."

"Oh my god what have they done to you?"

"Torture." I grinned tiredly.

"Your eye. . ."

I blinked.

"Oh yeah. . ." I murmured.

"Does it hurt?" Karina asked.

"A bit. It feels like a burning sensation. Not to mention the blood that's pouring out of my eye socket."

"Here."

I watched as Karina removed her shirt and began to rip it into strips. With the cloth, the female created a wrap and bandaged the gaping hole where my eye used to be.

"Your shoulder. . ." I whispered, pointing at where Karina had been shot.

"Hmm? Oh yeah. Some guy came in and treated for me while you were in hell."

"I guess that's cool."

"Yeah. We should probably rest."

"True. Goodnight Karina."

"Goodnight Dauen."