Chapter 11

Jeonghan Pov:

It was a lovely day when I entered my office in my headquarters in Daegu. Downstairs my Fighters, Chan and Woozi were busy practicing in the training room. Dokyeom, the sniper, was out on a mission, and Seungkwan the communicator, was engaged in some sort of cheesy conversation with an online person named Hansol_17. Was it probably some other mafia person? Probably. Was it still cute to see Seungkwan react to flirtatious messages sent by Hansol_17? Definitely.

The cheery morning was ruined when I got into my private office on the third floor. Sitting on the couch was my half brother, Joshua. The handsome male was reading the Mafia Tribune, a newspaper that covered all current events of the mafia.

"Good morning Jeonghan." Joshua hummed as I entered.

"Good morning Joshua. How are things?" I asked.

"Well. There is quite a juicy story in the papers today."

"Is that so?' I hummed, disinterested.

"Choi Seungcheol is dead."

I spat out the coffee I was drinking in shock.

"Excuse me?"

My brother smirked at my stunned face.

"Yep it says right here. The guy died of a sudden illness exactly 2.5 weeks ago."

I sat back and shrugged my shoulders in order to hide my growing excitement.

"Well that's unfortunate but it means that Seungcheol's promise will now be put into action-"

"Oh yeah. It also reads that apparently some unknown person named Lee Dauen inherited his empire." Joshua finished.

I blinked.

"Excuse me? Let me see that." I snapped, snatching the newspaper out of Joshua's hands.

Indeed there in the second paragraph was the quote, "On May 26,2023, 28 year old top mafia leader Choi Seungcheol has passed away due to sudden illness. According to his will and lawyers, all land, assets, and gang member's loyalties will be handed over to Miss Lee Dauen."

"Bullshit! I'll go up there and kill this bitch myself!" I yelled, throwing the paper away.

"Now Jeonghan. Let's do things diplomatically first, okay? Be a gentleman." Joshua soothed.

"I'm a fucking angel." I spat.

"Perhaps Seungcheol forgot about the promise or maybe he passed it to his sibling."

"Impossible. Seungcheol cut himself off from all immediate family. Besides he doesn't have any sisters that I know of. " I reasoned.

"A step sibling perhaps?" My brother suggested.

"Maybe. Or it could be another mafia leader that just took over by force." I muttered before pressing a call button on my desk that let me summon a gang member to my office.

"Yes sir?" Seungkwan appeared after I buzzed him up.

"I need you to look up someone on the mafia database." I ordered.

"Who?"

"Lee Dauen."

"On it sir."

A few minutes later, the male frowned and shook his head.

"What is it Seungkwan?" I asked.

"Um. There is currently no one named Lee Dauen in the mafia." Seungkwan revealed turning his computer to show an error screen.