Chapter 43

Jeonghan Pov:

"We're here at Jeju island." Hoshi announced.

I nodded grimly and rushed off the gangplank along with the caporegime, Wonwoo, Dokyeom, and Jun. Hoshi had called me just as I was leaving the boutique calmly reporting that my brother and fiance had disappeared together. Not only that, but Hoshi had also informed me about the bottle of thallium that he had found stashed in Joshua's desk drawer.

I was stunned. Joshua? My beloved brother had killed Seungcheol? I could barely believe it. But at that moment, it wasn't important. I needed to make sure that Dauen was safe. When we arrived at the Lee mansion, I noticed that the door was open. I entered cautiously and stopped when I saw Joshua sitting in the parlor, eating chocolate cake.

"Joshua."

My sibling paused and glanced at me before resuming eating.

"Joshua." I repeated.

"Get them out of here." Joshua grunted, waving rudely to Hoshi and the crew.

"What the? Do you want to get roasted?" Jun growled.

"Jun. It's okay. You can wait outside. I'll be right back." I sighed.

"Are you sure Jeonghan? It's not safe." Wonwoo added.

"I'll be okay." I smiled.

I watched as Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo and Dokyeom left the room.

"Where's Dauen?" I asked.

"Hmm? I dunno."

"Is she safe?"

"I guess."

"JOSHUA."

"Ugh fine. I'll check the cameras."

Joshua fiddled on his phone and then replied.

"Oh. She's in the secret lab."

"Where is that?" I inquired.

"Go to the second living room, and under the fireplace there should be a secret staircase." Joshua answered.

I rushed out of the parlor. I soon found the entrance to the lab and hurried downstairs. When I got inside the room, I quickly spotted Dauen, lying unconscious on the floor.

"Oh no no no no. Love? I'm here! I'm here."

I cradled the woman in my arms, desperately praying that she would wake up. After a minute or so, Dauen stirred.

"Hannie?"

"Dauen-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

I blinked, startled.

"Dauen-"

"You murderer!"

I paused. Murderer? But Dauen wasn't any better. She had killed innocents as well. So why was she calling me out?

"You killed them. Mom. Dad."

I froze. Oh that's what she was talking about.

"I can explain."

"I don't want to hear-"

"Dauen listen to me. I didn't know, okay? Back then Taeyong and Soyeon were nothing but drug dealers to me. A source of income. If I had known they were your parents, I would have never hurt them. Never. I love you, and I'm really sorry that things turned out the way they did. I would bring them back, but I can't. I've been dying inside ever since I learned the truth. I vowed that I'd love and treat you like the princess you are, so that if your parents were alive, they would be proud of our relationship. I can't lose you. So please give me a chance."

Dauen seemed conflicted and paused.

"Aww what a cute little confession." Joshua chuckled darkly from behind me.

"Joshua? Why do you have a gun?" Dauen stammered.

A gun? Click. I heard the weapon being cocked back.

"It's unfortunate things had to end this way, Dauen. Brother. I'll make sure you both meet each other again in the afterlife. Goodbye."

"Daeun!" I screamed, pulling the girl behind me.

There was a brief pause. Then two loud BANGS. 

Author's Note: 

This story is flopping. LOL. : )