71. Hello

"Newt!" Sloane practically screamed as she ran to him. He bent down to pick her up managing to not drop her. Not bad for a man of 101 years old.

"I have missed you," he said as he sat her on her feet again and held her at arm's length, "Let me look at you," he smiled. "Damn, I thought they would have squashed all the American out of you by now," he sulked.

"Not a chance. I may sound British most of the time but my style -"

"And attitude," Harry added.

"Are all American reject," she turned and stuck her tongue out at Harry. She turned back to her uncle. "What are you doing here?" She asked him, pulling him into her again as he kissed the top of her head.

"Well, when I got your letter and heard what you were facing -"

"Don't be fooled, sweetheart, he was so bloody excited to find out that there was a beast in Hogwarts that he almost splinched me in a hurry to get to the Ministry for a Portkey." Again, Sloane knew this voice.

Sloane looked behind her to see Tina standing just inside the door against the wall, with her arms folded, watching the exchange. "Auntie Tina!" Sloane squeaked and ran to hug her as well. "You look fabulous!"

"Thank you sweetheart," she smiled. "And you. My you have become such a beautiful young woman." She leaned in closer. "How are you coping?" She looked into Sloane's eyes with concern.

"I am doing good. Actually, there are a few people I want to introduce you to," Sloane smiled. "Both of you," she said, taking Newt by one hand and Tina by another.

"Well, I do hope one of them is that boy you were telling us about Draco. I am dying to meet him...what did she call him, dear?"

"Oh...a.... I think it was a hunk." Newt smirked.

Draco chuckled. Sloane blushed. "I did not! You two are trouble." She laughed and turned to Draco. "Not that you're not a hunk, you are but you don't need an ego boost." She stopped them and held her hand out to Draco, who took it. "Newt, Tina, this is my boyfriend, Draco Malfoy."

"It is a pleasure to meet you both." Draco smiled as he shook Newt's hand and kissed Tina's. "I obviously know all about you both. The famous magizoologist and the Auror who helped defeat Grindelwald."

"You know your history," Tina said, impressed.

"I do. But Sloane has also told me loads about you both." He said, putting his arm around her.

"She has told us a lot about you too," Newt smiled, looking down at the ground and then up to Draco for the briefest of seconds. Sloane had warned Draco that when he eventually met Newt, he would understand just how shy Newt really was. Draco could see it now.

"Do you have an update on Grandpa?" Sloane asked, although she already knew the answer.

Newt rubbed the back of his neck. "You know my brother, Sloane. He is still working. Loving his life working for Supreme Mugwump, Vicência Santos. He is on a mission at the minute. Has been for eleven years now. Deep undercover, and I have not heard from him. But I know he is doing OK."

"Your grandfather is still alive?" Draco asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I have not seen him since I was about 7 or 8 years old. He works all the time. He probably wouldn't even recognise me." She looked down at her feet.

Newt took her hand and gave it a squeeze. "Me neither."

"So what is this you were telling us about a Gargoyle?" Tina asked as she hugged Joanna.

"Newt Scammander?" Professor McGonagall gasped, stepping into the room with Kingsley on her heels and Professor Flitwick.

"Hello again, Minerva. It's been a while," Newt smiled as Professor McGonagall approached him and hugged him. "Thought I would come and help out with the Gargoyle issue you have been having."