Living the life they didn't have [Ghost au] (pt 1)

(You can also find this on my tumblr; Kayla-crazy-stuffs)

Tw: Already dead character (aka ghost), death mention, accidental fearplay (I think that's all)

The night was quite cold, the ground of the streets were completely covered with snow and the flakes were falling incessantly. The streets were completely empty, there was not a single person walking through them.

Well, that's only if we only consider people of average height. A slight glow floated forward and approached the windows looking inside the houses.

The ghost of a borrower sighed in disappointment. He had been looking for his old home for 15 years, in which he lost his life because of the human resident, who decided to kill him for no reason.

That is why, in those 15 years, he had been looking for him to be able to take revenge on him and thus be able to rest in peace... Apparently that had become impossible, having not been able to find him in so many years, so he decided to give up.

He advanced for a while longer until he stopped when a human came out of his house to throw out the garbage, so he took the opportunity to sneak inside when the human left the door open so he could go back inside.

Once he was inside, he decided to hide behind the television, peeking around the corner a bit, wanting to see what the human looked like.

He didn't have to wait long as he was soon back inside the house complaining about how cold it was outside. He was finally able to take a good look at what this human looked like.

He had short cream-yellow hair and very light blue eyes. He also seemed young to him, perhaps his own age, or at least physically speaking. After a few more minutes watching him, he decided to go looking for a place in the house to rest.

Once he had fully explored the house, he decided to stay in the attic of the house, since for all the dust that was there, it was very likely that the human would not go up often, so it was perfect for him to stay there.

He went through several boxes that were there, looking for one that had clothes. When he finally found one, he lay down between two sweaters, using the one on top as a blanket.

Even though he was dead and immune to cold, he could still feel the warmth of being covered in 'blankets'. Finally he closed his eyes, letting out a contented sigh when he was finally able to feel again what it was like to sleep in a 'bed'.

//

Several weeks passed since Dream settled in the human's house, in those weeks when he was bored, he used to move the windows and doors or make noises around the house.

The human just looked around confused but he didn't seem to care or at least until one day, when Dream accidentally broke a window, something he didn't want to do.

For that same reason, the human stopped ignoring him and began to investigate with those devices with which they supposedly tracked ghosts.

And for some strange reason, the human had discovered that he couldn't pierce living things and in a moment when Dream was distracted, he managed to catch him in a loose fist but not enough for Dream to escape from him.

"What the hell...?" The human said looking confused at the small person in his hand. Meanwhile, Dream began to shake and his appearance changed completely, he turned gray tones, his mouth and eyebrows disappeared and his eyes were two rectangles that were 'crying'.

The human's eyes widened in surprise and concern. "H-Hey, you're alright.. Uhh.. I-I'm not going to hurt you....." Dream couldn't hear him at all, the terror he had while remembering the way he died, made him shake even more.

"Oh...shit...how do people deal with scared ghosts?" The human really had no idea what to do, but he knew that he was the reason the little ghost he had encountered was so scared.