Chapter Seventy-Five - Agony And Curry Sauce

Author's Note: CW a lot of gore

*

"This... isn't very... helpful..."

After sleeping most of Saturday, Remus decided it might be a good idea to 'get sick' a day early to maybe help disguise being gone during the full moon again. It meant missing Magical Theory, but he suspected he'd have just slept through it anyway. Now it was Sunday morning, and Sirius had visited; James and Peter were sleeping in, since James didn't have any more Quidditch practices until after the holidays. Sirius had brought notes from Magical Theory which consisted of two lines from obviously the beginning of the lecture, a line about raisins which took Remus a while to figure out actually meant reasons, and a very detailed drawing of Chang with a broomstick up his bum.

Remus glanced up. "This is all you took?"

Sirius was sitting next to him, eating some of Remus's bacon that Pomfrey had brought. "I might have been kicked out about thirty minutes into the lesson."

Remus sighed. "Did Chang see this drawing?"

"Absolutely not, I'm not that daft!" Sirius protested. Remus stared at him until he meekly admitted, "I did, however, inform him that his lectures might be more interesting if he removed the broomstick from his arse."

"Sirius."

"He kicked me out, and Flitwick told me last night that I'm banned from Magical Theory."

Remus tilted his head back, groaning. "I don't know whether to be dismayed or impressed that you got yourself banned from an extracurricular activity only a couple of lessons in."

Sirius perked up. "I'd personally prefer impressed. You should eat, you look thin."

"I always look thin." He took a piece of bacon anyway, munching on it and hardly noticing the crumbs going everywhere. "I'm sure someone else will have notes."

"You could ask Snivellus," Sirius teased.

Remus swatted him with a piece of bacon which broke off into little bits that went everywhere. "Notes that aren't too covered in grease to read. Shame Lily isn't taking it..."

Sirius picked up one of the pieces from the blanket and popped it in his mouth. "It's only two nights, right?"

"Mmhmm." Remus picked up a spoon to scoop up some beans, though just stared at them. Only two nights was good, however with everything that had happened since the previous full moon he wasn't sure how it was going to go. Between finding out the truth, his father's visit the other night, Arthur's death... he had a lot that weighed on his mind which sometimes made things go bad. Hopefully enough time had passed that it didn't affect the werewolf.

"And I'll be able to visit you?"

Remus rolled his eyes. "You're visiting me now." He finally ate the beans and then let the spoon fall onto the plate. "Are you wearing your glasses, by the way?"

"Oh for Merlin's sake!" he moaned. "Don't harass me about that!"

"This is literally the first time I've asked you since Thursday."

"I did, when I was doing homework last night." Sirius shot him a glare. "Happy?"

"Very," Remus sniffled. "Except, since when did you do homework? What were you really doing?"

"I was doing homework!" Sirius protested. "My Muggle Studies essay, that's due for the holidays. I've decided to try to write about motorcycles, but there is an abysmal amount of research available in the library. And by that I mean pretty much nothing! Professor Lewis said she'd be able to get me some stuff."