Chapter Forty-Two.

Chapter Forty-Two.

Blue and green, swirls and flashes of light, everything around me was moving. Everything was colourful and bright and... I felt Nyshard's grip on my hand tightening, then, my feet finally touched ground again.

Blinking, I looked around myself and saw... soldiers, some of them looking rather grimly, some with mild curiosity. They eyed me, then their eyes fell onto Nyshard, and they bowed towards their Lord.

"My Lord.", a soldier, took a step forward and tilted his head "What can we do for you?"

"We're just traveling through", Nyshard said and his voice left no room for other questions.

The soldier nodded, and all of them retreated, opening a path for us. Nyshard – his hand still at my waist, led me over the little place towards some houses. There, he opened a door to the right and nodded at me to walk up a staircase, while he followed me. Frowning, I turned around and looked at him, at the two bags he had slung over his shoulder, not really looking like a Lord at all. He raised his eyebrow "What?"

"Where are we going?"

"Upstairs."

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "I need some place to spread my wings. Down there in between those houses it's pretty cramped.
"Spread your wings?"

"We will fly until we reach the shield, then we will walk the rest of the way towards the mountain range."
"The mountains of Myrna?", I asked, remembering the map Dylana had showed me.

"Yes, the temple of the Whisperers is up there.", he explained.

"How high up is it?"

"They are not on top of the mountains, Adri. There are still trees growing around the temple", Nyshard grinned and gestured at me to continue walking up the staircase.

Once we were in the highest floor, we entered a huge balcony and I took a few steps towards the nearest balustrade to take a look at the city.

Stin Dre.

"This is where Caaln was attacked."

Nyshard stepped next to me and answered "Yes. It happened near the border to Hym Laarn."

"How near is the border? How fast did he get from the border to the monolith?", I asked and remembered that Caals had still had his swords in his hands.

"Fast."; Nyshard said "some winged patrols brought him directly to the monolith."

I looked up at his face and saw, that he was looking at the mountain range at the horizon. In between Stin Dre and the Mountains of Myrna laid a green land, covered with forests.

"And we are allowed to cross the border to Wyntern Falls?"
"Of course we are. Rhydomir and I are close friends."
"When he danced with me on the feast, he called you boy.", I couldn't keep the grin out of my face.

"To him, I am. He was quite close with my father and he knows me since I was a little child."

"I can barely imagine you as a child.", I huffed, and he laughed lightly.

Then he fell silent again "I have something for you."

Surprised, I looked at him and he took a set of knives and a belt out of his bag.

"This is special metal, made with Gnysran Stones."

Frowning, I took the knifes, unsheathed one and weighted in my hand. It fit perfectly.

With narrowed eyes, I looked at the small engravings.

Jas ni adrina yele tra dala yel ana unin