CHAPTER 13

PETE'S P.O.V

Just as I finished telling him about everything, his eyes widened. I couldn't understand why. I know he's angry but did I say something absolutely shocking?

He took my hands into his as he kneeled in front of me. "Pete you know what this means, right?"

"Huh?...umm...I don't know what you're talking about."

He sighed heavily and took my face in his hands, "Pete please if anything like happens ever again please let me know. Please, okay?"

"Okay..." I couldn't help but sigh too, "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry about anything but next time please let me know."

"Yeah, okay..." I smiled at him as my eyes got teary. He kissed my eyes as soon as he witnessed that.

"Oh by the way, what do you mean, I don't know what this means?"

"Pete it means you're probably one who's actually being targeted here."

"What?! No, and if that's the case why would that person kidnap Porchay. "

"I don't know baby, but we'll figure this out. Kinn has called us to his house to solve the matter. I hope we'll get some clues there."

"I hope so too...Ah! what are we waiting for them, let's go." I was pulled down as soon as I tried to get up.

Vegas pushed me onto the sofa and pinned me down with his body. "No, not yet. Let me recharge my soul."

"Haven't you done enough 'recharging' since yesterday?"

He gave me a cheeky smile, "No" and started kissing me. As soon as I got the chance I put up my hand in between us, so as to stop this from going any further.

"We can't. We have to go."

He gave me those puppy eyes and I was hardly able to stick to my decision. I signed and shook my head.

"You're so mean."

I can't believe a literal mafia boss, who makes people tremble just by hearing his name, is acting like this. I want to kiss him so bad but I know if we start this now we wouldn't be able to stop at least till the evening and we have to be somewhere, so it wasn't possible.

"After we come back...I promise." I tried to cheer him up, unintentionally sealing my fate to the worst possible scenario for me.

He smiled as soon as the words left my mouth and then kissed me. "Alright then. But remember I'm not gonna stop no matter how much you whine and cry."

Oh no, what did I do?

We changed our clothes and headed out to the main house. Since the kidnapping, Vegas has been extra cautious and has tripled the security, especially around me, since he somehow believes that I'm the actual target here.

It's not that I don't believe him but I have my doubts too and what would anyone want from me? I have nothing. Everything I own is actually Vegas' and not mine. I wonder what anyone could possibly want from me.