十三: Hatred Is Born To Protect Love

(Sorry this chapter is short, I tried.)

Madara and Eri walked into Nezu's office, the teen having been called over to his office for some reason. He went towards the desk the chimera principal sat at. "What did you call me here for Nezu? Is it about the Sports Festival?"

"Ah yes, I called you here to ask you something related to the festival," the chimera replied to the student, jumping off of his rolling chair and going up to the father-daughter duo.

"Instead of competing in the festival, would you like to be a referee with Midnight? In turn the winner of the festival will battle you if you so choose."

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"Hello everyone and welcome to this year's Sports Festival! I have a guest with me to referee and look over the festival this year, Class 1-A's Uchiha Madara everyone!" The R-rated hero exclaimed, her long dark-purple moving slightly in the wind as she moved. The crowd cheered from the hero's words, some in the crowd saw the beauty of the raven that walked next to her, an amount of that group fainting from his looks along with the others who were looking at Midnight.

"Now, let's introduce the classes who will be participating in this year's Sports Festival! Can classes 1-F, 1-G and 1-H come out to the stadium!?" Present Mic's voice was heard through his microphone, sitting in the observation booth with Aizawa next to him as they watched the screen with the stadium showing.

The classes walked out when they were called, the audience cheering as they saw the contestants come out to the stadium grounds. Mic then announced the last class to come out from their waiting room.

"And finally, can Class 1-A come out to the stadium!?!?!"

Loud cheers came from the crowd, some even standing up to applaud the class coming into the arena. Meanwhile, the other classes, specifically Class 1-B glared at them and commented quietly to each other about how the crowd acted when the class was announced.

"Before the festival truly begins, I will have Madara-kun here give a small speech to the contestants," Midnight exclaimed happily, giving the said teen the microphone in her hands.

All of the contestants wondered why the teen wasn't participating in this event, being told that everyone in the first year had to compete in the Sports Festival. But for now, they didn't press on it.

"I only hope that the strongest prevail in the competition, since I expect the greatest from this year's students."

The stadium erupted in cheers from the audience, expressing their excitement from the raven's words. The students didn't know exactly how to react to those words, was he being genuine or was he being cocky?

The R-rated hero got the microphone back from Madara to declare what the first event of the festival. "For this year's Sports Festival, the first event for the contestants will be an obstacle race! Everyone will have to run 4 km starting from that tunnel all the way to here! Now everyone gets into that tunnel and let's get this race started!"

The two referees watched as the teens zoomed to the tunnel, seeing people getting pushed and shoved to all fit inside the space. "Three! Two! One! Go!!!!!!"

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

Shigaraki Tomura sat in front of the television, intently watching the students and their quirks. His 'Master' had requested he do some research on the hero students to see if any of them looked 'villain' material. Some of the students had interested them, especially the one with explosions and the girl with a quirk similar to All Mights. But, the Uchiha kid truly interested him, the same kid who took down the Nomu with ease.

"Uchiha, what is the secret to your strength?"