Chapter 3

"Anthony Stark!" I yelled out, as I entered the room.

Tony quickly dropped the paper he was holding and looked at me.

"Y/n?!"

"What in the hell did you think you were doing?" I continued, crossing my arms.

"Wait... why are you with this guy?" Tony asked, motioning to Phil.

I looked over and realized he didn't know about Shield.

"I... 

He brought me here. I don't know who he is. He just told me what you have been up to! Tony! What the hell?!"

Tony looked at our matching suits and seemed to accept my reasoning. "It's fine y/n. I'm saving the world."

"That's not your job! It's mi-" I stopped myself in time and turned away from him with a frustrated huff.

"Tony... I can't let you do this. Please just listen to this guy. He told me he'll keep you safe." I continued, looking back at him with pleading eyes.

Tony looked over at Phil and raised an eyebrow.

"Here's your alibi. You were on your yacht. We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night with sworn statements from 50 of your guests."

I could see Tony about to say something smart again.

"Don't Tony. Not now." I said sternly. Tony looked at me and shut his mouth.

"That's what happened. Just read it word for word." Phil continued.

"Alright." Tony said, eyeing me and then the cards.

"There's nothing about Stan here..."

"That's being handled, he's on vacation. Small aircraft have such a poor safety record." Phil said smugly. Tony began to rant about some bodyguard and I turned away. I couldn't believe what had happened since the last time we talked.

I heard Phil interrupt and say, "This isn't my first rodeo Mr. Stark. Just stick to the official statement and soon this will all be behind you. You've got... 90 seconds"

I smirked at Phil being so direct and turned back around.

"Please Tony, don't try anything," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder before walking out of the room.

I joined Phil at the back of the room and stood to watch the meeting.

"He will not be taking any questions at the time." I heard Rody say. I saw Tony walk up and organize his cards.

"Uh, been a while since I was in front of you, I figure I'll stick to the cards this time." Everyone laughed at that.

I sighed in relief and relaxed a bit.

"There's been speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop-"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark." An obnoxious news reporter began. I groaned as I listened to her continue, "Would you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit? It conveniently appeared despite the fact that you like to"

Tony, thankfully, interrupted.

"I know that it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story and another to make wild accusations or insinuate that I am a superhero."

"I never said you were a superhero..."

I cringed at that and prayed he would just read the cards.

"You didn't?" He asked quietly.

"Nope." She answered. I just wanted to escort her out and push restart on the conference.

"Well good, because that would be outlandish and uh, f-fantastic." Tony stuttered.

I adjusted my stance, everything was ruined.

"I-i-i I'm just not the hero type. Clearly. With this uh, laundry list of character defects. All the mistakes I've made. Largely public," Tony rambled. I willed someone to interfere and it worked.

Rody leaned over and whispered something in his ear.

Tony held up the cards and said, "The truth is..." He looked over at me and hesitated. I tried to signal through my eyes for him to stop.

Oh no.

Shiz.

"I am Iron Man."

~~~

AN:

!NEXT CHAPTER! Y/n meets Steve! Yay! 

Thank you for reading this! This is the first book I'm writing so it means a lot to me! Remember to leave a vote if you are enjoying the book! Thank you again!