Chapter 9

Year: 2011

Everyday me and Steve had worked out together. I love to listen to him talk about his past life. He always lit up when he started talking about the people he used to know. I loved watching him talk and be immersed in the topic.

We were both the closest friends we had. More nights than not, we had dinner together. Luckily, both of us were good cooks. We had endless amounts of time to do whatever we wanted, so we'd usually find somewhere new to go everyday. I constantly made us walk through the park. I loved walking around with him. We had grown really close.

My alarm was softly playing from my phone. I groaned and tried to grab it without looking. The sound was becoming increasingly annoying so I opened my eyes before grabbing the phone.

I rolled over onto my back and rubbed my face. I heard Steve's alarm go off through the wall and the familiar sound of him getting up from his bed. I threw the blankets off of me and walked over to my bathroom. I quickly ran a brush through my hair and pulled it into a slicked low ponytail. I quickly brushed my teeth and put on a pair of leggings and a sports bra. I heard a knock at the door and grabbed a black warm up jacket. I opened the door and saw Steve waiting for me.

"Hey!" I said, grabbing my water bottle and keys.

"Hey y/n/n," Steve said, smiling at me. I smiled at the nickname and locked the door behind me.

"Ready for leg day?" Steve asked me, following behind me. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes. I heard Steve laugh at me. "It's not that bad..."

"We're not all super soldiers Steve." I said, looking back at him with an eyebrow raised.

Steve laughed again. "You looked like your dad when you gave me that look. I saw the exact same look when I accidentally spilled my coffee on one of his new shirts."

I laughed loudly and looked back to see Steve laughing as well. I shook my head and opened the door to my car. I hopped into the drivers seat and looked over to Steve. He was looking at me with his eyebrows raised. I already knew he wanted to drive. He didn't like me driving him places. 

He said it 'Was not gentleman like' to let me drive everywhere.

I laughed and started to put my seat belt on. Steve grabbed my waist and pulled me out of the seat. I laughed wildly and clasped my hands behind his neck so I wouldn't fall onto the concrete. Steve walked around to the passenger seat and set me down. I tried to crawl over and get into the driver's seat immediately. Steve saw and pulled me back in place before buckling me in. I hadn't stopped laughing and my side ached. I couldn't move due to the exhaustion that came with laughing so much. Steve rushed over to the drivers side and buckled himself in. I was still laughing and so was he. I took a deep breath and sighed quietly. The car got really quiet before we both looked over at each other. We both erupted into laughter again.

~~~

Steve and I were in my apartment after leg day. Like usual, I was sore after our workout. Steve was trying to teach me a new card game he used to play.

"If you have an Ace, you have to put it on top of the two." Steve said, motioning to the two of hearts on the table.

"And if you don't?" I asked, leaning back into the couch. Steve was sitting on the floor next to my card table. The T.V. was playing in the background. I caught sight of my last name on the screen.

"Stark to be racing in Monaco Race."

"No way," I whispered, grabbing the remote and turning the volume up. Steve turned to look at the T.V.