Chapter 13

As the door opened I saw a flash of fiery red hair out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't mistake who it belonged to.

"NAT!" I yelled out, bolting down the runway. Natasha ran to me and embraced me.

"Omg! Y/n!" She said, we both hugged each other tightly.

 I pulled away and went to introduce her to Steve but Phil beat me to it.

"Agent Romanoff- Captain Rogers." He said, smirking. I squinted my eyes at Phil but watched as Nat looked dead in Steve's eyes and just plainly said, "Hi."

Steve looked like it was his first day of school. He took a breath before greeting her by saying, "Ma'am."

Nat looked over at Phil and said, "They need you on the bridge; they're starting the face trace." Phil quickly walked away, bidding us goodbye. Natasha looked over at me before looking back at Steve.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. Thought Coulson was gonna swoon."

Steve looked over at me and smirked. I smirked and quickly looked away and back to Nat.

"Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"

"Trading cards?" Steve asked, I could feel him look over at me but didn't look back.

"Almost. I thought he was going to pee his pants when he shook Steve's hand though." I said, chuckling with Nat. I looked over at Steve and saw him raise his eyebrows at that.

"His trading cards are vintage." I told Steve while laughing. Nat joined in laughing. We had both heard about his trading cards too many times.

"He's very proud." Nat said with a smirk.

We all looked forward and saw a nervous man walking around all the planes. He looked around, trying to figure out where to go.

"Dr. Banner!" Steve called out, recognizing him from the pictures. Steve reached his hand out for Banner to shake.

"Oh yeah, hi. They told me you'd be coming." Banner said, looking Steve up and down.

Great.

 Now I have two people who are obsessed over Steve. Steve looked over at me and smiled knowingly, before looking back to Banner and saying, "Word is, you can find the cube."

Natasha tugged on my sleeve and pulled me a few steps away from the boys. I looked down to see a headset in her hand.

"You might want this." She said, handing it to me.

I quickly attached it to my ear and clicked it on. Immediately, voices filled my ears. Different agents were talking about us going up into the air in a few moments. Natasha pulled away from me and walked over to the boys.

"Gentlemen, you might wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe." She said, enjoying that we both knew what was happening but they didn't.

When I heard the gears start to shift below us in the ship, I quickly made my way inside, leaving the boys with Nat.

I pushed through doors and began to walk down the halls to find Nick. All the agents knew who I was and quickly got out of the way. I found Nick at the helm of the ship, ordering people around.

"My bet's still on." I said, smiling confidently.

"You better believe it still is! I'm getting my 50 bucks!" He yelled back.

I made my way to one of the agents' computer screens and saw Clint's face on the screen. Underneath had words that made my stomach drop.

Missing In Action.

Maria Hill walked over and put her hand on my shoulder. "We'll find him," She said, smiling reassuringly.

"How's Natasha holding up with him missing?" I asked, still looking at the screen.

"As well as expected." She said, sighing. I looked up and pressed my lips together in a halfhearted understanding smile.

I walked over to an empty chair at a table with no computers. I watched as Nat and the boys walked in. Steve walked around with a shocked look on his face. I smirked and knew I had won the bet.

Nick walked over to us and addressed Steve and Bruce.

"Gentleman." He said, walking over. I watched as Steve's hand went into his back pocket and pulled his wallet out. I made eye contact with Nick and kept my mouth closed as I ran my tongue over my teeth before smiling widely.

Steve produced a ten and handed it to Nick. Nick let his jaw drop and dug his own wallet out. I silently punched the air in victory and laughed. Steve thankfully didn't notice but Nat did. She looked at me in shock as Nick handed me the ten Steve had given him, along with two twenties.

Smiling proudly, I folded them and stuffed them into my pocket. I always win bets with Nick. For some reason, he kept taking me up on them. One day he'd learn, until then I was happy putting the extra cash to good use.

I got up and stood next to Steve. We both looked out the window in silence and watched the water below us vanish from sight. Steve looked over at me with a look of surprise and smiled. I smiled back and turned to the rest of the team.

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops, if it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us." Phil said while each of the computers started to scan through millions of faces. 

Steve stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked at me. I could tell he was confused so I pulled my own phone out to show him.

"If they have one of these, we're able to see through their cameras basically." I whispered to him.

I was just as good as Tony in the tech department and found it slightly comical how basic I had to explain things to Steve. I was always happy to help him though.

"It's still not gonna find them in time." Nat said, squatting next to a computer searching for Clint. I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"We'll find him..." I said, trying to convince the both of us.

Bruce looked over at us while asking Nick a question, "You have to narrow your field. How many Spectrometers do you have access to?"

"How many are there?" Nick asked.

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put the Spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for Gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce asked, he had taken his suit coat off and looked a lot more comfortable now.

Nick didn't hesitate, "Agent Romanoff, would you show Doctor Banner to his laboratory please?" 

I looked over and saw Steve looking so lost. He looked at me with helpless eyes and I couldn't help my chuckle under my breath.

"Nick? On that topic. Where are both of us staying?" I motioned to Steve and I, changing the subject as Nat left with Banner.

Nick pinged a spot on my digital map for me and told me our rooms were across from each other.

As Steve and I went to leave, Nick gently grabbed onto my wrist. Steve didn't notice and kept walking.

"Excellent job Y/n. Steve seems very comfortable around you..." Nick said with a smirk. He let me go and went back to his work. I looked around and saw Maria smirking at me. Quickly, I walked out and followed Steve to our rooms, a subtle blush creeping up my cheeks. 

~~~