Chapter 8

I pulled up to my new apartment building and stared in awe. It was so flipping cute!

I opened my door and looked up at the building. It was 5 stories tall so it wasn't too large. Red brick lined almost the entirety of the building, the rest was made of white brick.

Quickly, I locked my car and walked up the stairs to the front door. For a moment, I fumbled with my keys at the front door before adjusting the key in my hand. I unlocked the front door of the building and walked in.

Everything seemed so homey. The lights were a soft yellow color which made everything seem warm. I looked around with a big grin before continuing on. I found a set of stairs and started to climb them.

I was on the 5th floor, so I had a lot of climbing, but I didn't mind. As I climbed the stairs, I thought about Tony. What would he think of me now? He'd probably be pissed at me. I had grown up hearing him constantly telling me to be careful, now I was running around with real-life superheroes. Well, he didn't have much room to talk anymore. How could he be so stupid?

Who in their right mind would announce to the whole world they're Iron Man? Oh wait.

Tony.

Duh.

I reached the top floor and walked over to my door. I heard old music coming from the door next to mine. I smiled and unlocked my door. My neighbors had good taste.

The door swung open and I was hit with the smell of dust. I found the light and flicked it on.

 My apartment was pretty big. There were already pieces of furniture that Fury had sent over for me. I shut the door behind me and walked through a hallway. Cube-like shelves made a wall in between me and the kitchen. I walked around for a moment, exploring my surroundings. I found my bedroom and walked over to the window. 

The window wasn't necessarily large but it let in enough light to make the room have a fresh feeling to it. I looked out of it and watched the cars and people passing by.

I turned and looked at my door when I heard knocking on my front door. I quickly walked over to the hallway and set my car keys inside one of the cubes. I stood on my tiptoes and looked out the peephole in my door.

A man carrying a box stood out my door. I quickly opened the door and stepped out of the way.

"Just set them anywhere. I'll unpack them in a moment." I said, motioning to the house.

The man walked into the living room as I stepped into the hall and faced away from the door.

"Miss. Stark?" A voice came from behind me.

I jumped and turned around quickly. Steve was standing behind me with his hands in his pockets. He wore a plaid button up shirt and a pair of tan slacks. His hair was neatly cut and combed. A subtle blush crept up my neck.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you." Steve said, rubbing his neck.

"No! You're okay." I laughed, moving out of the way of the movers that had started coming in and out. "Come in!" I said, motioning for him to follow me.

Steve came into the room as I jumped up on the counter.

"I'd offer you something to drink, but all my stuff is still out in the truck." I laughed as Steve pulled a kitchen chair out and sat on it.

"Don't worry about it, I understand," He laughed before continuing, "I just wanted to check on you and make sure you'd have everything  you need moved in before tonight."