Chapter 2

Y/n's Pov:

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star.

They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." I explained to the whole team. I ran through a holographic projection of the ship we would be invading.

My main job right now was to lead the Strike team. Steve was in charge of missions but I was always in charge of the Strike team.

My team consisted of some of the top agents of Shield. They were trained for highly stressful situations.

"Any demands?" Steve asked, watching me closely.

I kept my eyes on the screen as I answered him, "About a billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" Steve continued.

"Because it's Shield's," I remarked, turning to the rest of the team.

Steve had his eyebrows raised and a stressed look on his face. He tilted his head to the side and sighed.

"So it's not off course. It's trespassing." He kept his eyes on mine.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Nat joked and looked over at me.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve fumed, looking over at Nat.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." She absently said. Her eyes flickered to mine in an anxious way. I quickly look away from her to see Steve's eyes trained on mine.

"How many pirates?" He suddenly said,

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. George Batroc." I pulled up his file in our system and brought up a picture of him. I recited the rest of the information I knew about him, "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

Steve looked at me worried as he asked if there were hostages.

I looked over my report and found the hostages "Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." I scrunch my eyebrows and wondered why he would be on this ship. Quickly, I pulled up Sitwell's photo and displayed it on the screen. I felt Steve's eyes on the back of my head.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Steve voiced my thoughts. "Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Y/n, you sweep below, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move."

"Strike, you heard the Cap. Gear up." I yelled out to the team. Steve grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

He looked at me for a moment with an unreadable expression on his face. I held his hands in mine and squeezed them tightly.

"Be careful." He whispered softly.

I stood on my tip toes and pulled him down to me.

"You too Steve." I whispered on his lips.

Steve pulled me in and kissed me gently. I ran my hands up his arms and grabbed the straps that ran on either side of his arms. Steve pulled my waist into him and leaned down further to deepen the kiss.

As we pulled away, my eyes stayed closed for a moment. I finally opened them and saw a loving look on Steve's face. I released him and reluctantly walked over to my Strike team. We had limited time, otherwise I would have stayed wrapped in Steve's arms for as long as I could.

I strapped on my black vest and neatly organized ammo into my pockets. I found my baseball cap and adjusted it on my head. I looked over and saw Nat and Steve talking.