Chapter 16

Steve's POV

"Put on the suit" Was the last thing I angrily told Tony before an explosion caused us all to go flying. I immediately sat up to see if Y/n was okay. Tony did the same. We quickly found her missing.

A wave of panic flooded through me. Suddenly, what Tony and I had been discussing before didn't matter. I looked over to Tony and demanded he went and put the suit on,

"Yep!" He complied, standing up and running down the hall. I helped him stay upright, stumbling along with him. I needed to find Y/n. Where had she gone?

My earpiece started to fill with information but I ignored most of it as Tony and I began to run through the halls trying to locate Y/n. When Hill mentioned the engine going down, Tony looked at me. We both knew we had to go there.

"Engine 3. I'll meet you there." He said, running in a different direction. I nodded and ran towards the engine, still searching through the faces I passed as I ran.

Where had she gone? She had just been next to me.

"Has anyone seen Y/N?" I asked through the earpiece.

Everything was silent.

Y/n was connected to this channel. She should be answering.

"We'll keep an eye out." Hill reassured through the channel.

Y/N's POV

I mustered up the will power to stand up and almost fell over immediately. Spots danced in my vision. I placed a hand on the wall to ground myself.

Loki.

I had to make sure he didn't escape.

I started to stumble towards his cell before a wave of agents ran the opposite direction, causing me to turn around.

Everything was spinning. I couldn't tell which way I was facing.

I started to walk forward before I fell to my knees. Blood seeped down to my thigh. I placed a hand over the wound and tried to contain the bleeding. I felt dizzier by the second.

Quickly, I stood up again and continued to walk. I saw the control room ahead of me and knew I needed to go there.

"Has anyone seen Y/n?" I heard Steve's voice ask through my headset. I tried to reach up and press it to answer him but my arms felt too heavy to do so. I heard silence before Hill answered.

"We'll keep an eye out."

I started to feel a lack of air and tried to take in as much as possible. My breathing became quick as I forced myself to continue on. I saw Maria Hill walking towards me and made eye contact.

"Y/N!" She called out at the same time a bang rang through the air. I felt my body start to burn and realized I had been shot.

My body gave out as I fell to the floor. A grenade went off in the control room and I heard Maria yell out. I tried to move but my body refused.

I saw men in black suits passing me. None of them stopped to check if I was dead, thankfully.

Rolling over, I felt blood begin to pool around me. I looked up at the ceiling and let out a breath before everything went dark.