Chapter 10

I sprinted down a jail cell hallway. 

Tony's bodyguards cleared a path for me the entire way. Steve wasn't allowed in but I didn't want Tony knowing about him quite yet either. I turned and saw Tony talking with a group of men. My legs carried me quicker.

Tony turned at the sound of me running and ran towards me as well.

"Hors de mon chemin (out of my way.)" Tony said in French, pushing men out of the way. I crashed into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"I thought I'd lost you." I said, tears still flowing.

"I'm sorry." Tony said, squeezing me tighter to him. I let my legs dangle from him before he put me down.

"Where is he?" I asked, rage burning behind my eyes. I wanted to see the man who had almost murdered my brother. 

"He's here. I'm taking care of it right now." Tony said, fixing my sunglasses. The lighting was poor but I was still able to see a cut running along his face. Deciding it wasn't the most important thing right now, I nodded my head before saying, "I'm coming with you."

"No you are not!" Tony said, shaking his head.

"Yes I am." I responded, about to keep walking.

"How about you watch? I don't want you in there." Tony said, trying to compromise.

I was emotionally exhausted and didn't have the ability to fight with him. "You're not convincing me otherwise. I'm coming in." I said before pushing past and starting to walk. Tony sighed and followed behind me.

"We ran his prints. We got nothing. Not even a name." A man said from behind us in French.

"Where are we going?" I said, switching to French.

"Over there," The man said motioning to a few guards ahead of us. "We're not even sure he speaks English. He hasn't said a word since he got here."

"Five minutes." Tony said, before walking past an inmate. 

The inmate whistled as I walked by. I kept looking forward, not giving him a reaction. Tony stopped and quickly turned to me. He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. I saw his eye twitch before he looked away from the man.

"Five minutes." Tony repeated, still looking at the inmate. The two guards opened the cell and I looked in to see a man sitting on the bench. Tony said something I didn't hear about the man who had whistled at me before following me in. The door slammed behind us, echoing into the room. I crossed my arms and looked back at Tony.

Tony looked over at me before walking around to the other side of the room.

"Pretty decent tech. Cycles per second were a little low." Tony said, looking at his feet. I crossed my arms and watched Tony closely, staying in the corner of the room.

"You could have doubled up your rotations..." I saw Tony studying the man. Tony continued to give the man critiquing on the reactor while I assessed the man mentally. He began to shift and move. I could tell he was confused as well. He seemed like an offensive fighter, if he tried anything I would jump in defensively first. 

Tony sat down on the bench and looked back at me. I stayed in the corner silently. I don't think the man is aware of my presence.

"I don't get it. A little fine tuning and you could have made a solid paycheck. You could have sold it to North Korea, China, Iran..." Tony said, leaning over. I stiffened when I saw the man look over at Tony. With my arms still crossed, I gripped onto a concealed gun I had at my waist.