Chapter 55

My breathing stopped. I thought I made it clear I didn't want to see him.

"He said he has things to tell you," Michael continued.

"Tell him I'm not coming," I told Michael.

"He said its really important. He's begging me Lauren," Michael replied. I rolled my eyes at my dads behavior. He probably just wants to yell at me more.

"I know you don't want to hear this, but I think you should go Love," Luke said to me, trying not to agitate me. "Here, I'll make you a deal, how about you go and when you can't handle it anymore you call me. Your dad really wants you to hear his news."

I sat and thought for a while. As much as I don't want to go, he could answer some of my questions.

"Fine, I'll go," I sighed in defeat. All the boys smiled a little bit.

"I'm proud of you El," Ashton came over and kissed my forehead. I just nodded, starting to regret what I just said.

. . .

I held tight to my backpack full of things I would need for the night as Luke drove me to my fathers. I bounced my leg nervously as I picked at my fingernails.

It didn't take as long to get there as I hoped it would've. Luke got out of the car, me following his actions. He stopped me from walking, holding my shoulders at an arms length. He stared me dead in the eye.

"Babe, I love you, you'll be okay, and I'm just a call away," Luke made sure I knew all of that.

"Sorry to ruin the moment but that fucking rhymed, good job," I laughed, making him laugh too. He led me up to the door, arm around my shoulders. He rang the door bell and I waited anxiously.

"Hey," my dad's deep voice said quietly. His eyes were bloodshot, looking like he was drunk. I looked up at Luke and he shared the same expression as me.

My dad must've noticed our faces because he said, "I'm not drunk, I was, uh, crying." I nodded at him.

"I love you, remember what I said," Luke said, turning me towards him. He gently kissed my forehead. I really wanted his kiss to be on my lips, but I understand why he did that. He started to walk away as I walked inside the house.

My dad instructed me to just leave my bag and shoes right in front of the door. We walked over to the couch and I reluctantly sat down. I really want one of the boys here, ready to protect me.

"Lauren, I want to start off with saying I'm so, so, so, sorry for what I've done to you in the past," he said, his eyes locked with mine as his wife supportively rubbed circles into his thighs. "I also want to introduce you to the people who supported me."

"You already know Allison," he pointed to his wife, "kids can you come down here!?" He called for the kids. A little boy and girl came jumping down the stairs, but stopped when they saw me.

"Why is she back?" The little girl whispered not so discretely to her mother. Allison didn't answer and waited for her husband to continue.

"Lauren, this is our son, Andrew, but we call him Drew, and our daughter, Haley. Kids, this is my daughter, Lauren," we were introduced to each other. The kids were shy and didn't say anything, not like I wanted to talk to them anyways.

"Over there, the little baby, is my biological daughter. Her name is Olivia." I nearly choked right there.

"Like, as in my middle name Olivia?" I coughed out. I know he remembers it, he called me by my full name earlier. He didn't speak, only nodded. My breath was taken out of me and I didn't know what to say.