Chapter 56

I was on the side of a busy road, watching cars roll pass at a fast pace.

"The hell am I?" I asked myself quietly. I stepped closer to the road, looking around. There were woods on either side of the road and that was it. Nothing else was around.

The confusion on why I'm here is overwhelming. I walked closer to the road, the cars still zooming on. I jumped back, falling to my ass at the sudden loud noise of two cars crashing. My hands went over my mouth as I realized something. That was my mum's car.

My dad tumbled out of his car, weaving through the cars, running towards me. I backed up but stopped when he turned sharply, running up the road away from the scene.

"Dad!" I screamed, chasing after him. He looked behind him, like he almost heard me, but in reality he was looking at the ambulance that was now coming. I continued to chase him, getting pretty close.

He took a sharp turn into the woods, disappearing from my view. I stopped abruptly, looking around, before deciding to sprint back to the scene.

I stood next to my mother's car, watching as they pulled my thrashing six year old body out of the car. My six year old self was squished against a man's chest as he carried me into the ambulance.

I ran to the ambulance but the doors were closed on my face and it drove away with the sirens blaring. I was left standing in the middle of the road, in the middle of chaos.

I woke up, my breathing heavy, my forehead lined with sweat and silent tears streaming down my face.

I sat up off Luke, my feet pulling out of Michael's lap.

"Laur, what happened?" Michael seemed calm, probably thinking it was the normal dream. I shook my head slowly, pulling my knees close to my chest and letting sobs take over my body. Luke quickly sat up, wrapping his arms around my fragile body.

"I-It wasn't the normal dream," I choked out. They were all confused so I told them what happened, trying my hardest not to break down.

It ended up with Luke having his arms protectively around me, chin resting on the top of my head. He would leave light kisses on the top of my head.

I pulled away from him, standing up and almost falling over. I regained balance and started to walk to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water, chugging it down. I filled the cup up again, starting to chug this one.

"Slow down there tiger, don't need you to be sick," Calum showed up from nowhere, pulling the half-finished glass from my lips. I looked at him, then the ground.

"I know the dream scared you Babe, but you need to know that, that will never happen again." Calum lifted my chin up to look him in the eye with his pointer and middle finger. He gently kissed my less sweaty forehead with his plump lips before sweeping me off my feet, carrying me back to the living room bridal style. I cuddled up to his chest, my arms wrapped around his neck for more support.

"What time is it?" I asked, my eyes now closed. I opened them back up to see who would answer me.

"Almost one." Ashton's face lit up from his phone in the dark room. I groaned, trying to cuddle further into Calum's chest, but that was nearly impossible.

"Do you want to go to bed?" Michael chuckled at me. I nodded, probably only Calum being able to tell.

"You're going to bed with me then, it's been too long!" Calum demanded. I didn't care at this point, I just wanted cuddles and to sleep. No one disagreed with Cal so he hopped up the stairs, me still in his arms. He gently laid me on his bed, covering me with the warm duvet. I could only see the outline of his body in the dark room. I watched as he pulled off his shirt, then pushed off his jeans. He put on gym shorts before climbing in the bed, right next to me.