Chapter 15

I felt my shoulder shake gently with Michael saying, "Laur, today's the day, come on get up." I groaned but sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I stood up and the shooting pain reminded me of what happened last night.

I sucked in a breath and fell back to my bed. Michael turned back around and gave me sad eyes. He came over to me and kneeled down so he was the same height.

"I know it hurts Laur but you have to forget about the pain. Can you do that for me?" His voice was just a little louder than a whisper. I nodded wearily before Michael continued, "Luke, also, is really sorry."

"I want to hear it from him." I involuntarily scoffed.

"And he will tell you, we just told him to hold off for a while." Michael informed me. I rolled my eyes and stood up, grabbing some of my already packed bags. Michael grabbed the last few and we headed downstairs and put them in the big black van that waited outside the house.

Before we piled into the van I grabbed a breakfast bar and ate it. When we got in the van I crawled all the way to the back with Michael next to me. Ashton and Calum sat in the seats in front of us and Luke sat in the very front.

We were flying to England to meet up with the One Direction boys. I'm excited to meet them, they look really fun to be around.

I laid my head down onto Michael's lap and my legs spread across the rest of the seats. I was going to lay like this for the two hour ride that was to come.

"Oh, by the way, El we got you an international phone so if you text out of Australia then you don't have to pay for each text or call." Ashton told me before I put my headphones in.

"Sweet," I said not very enthusiastic. I'm really not being my chirpy self... I heard Luke let out a sigh and I put my headphones in.

. . .

It was about half way through the car ride that sudden realizations came to me.

"Holy shit." I said sitting up. Calum and Michael looked at me but Ashton and Luke didn't because they had headphones in.

"I'm going to be stuck with nine boys." I said quietly to my self. Michael and Calum chuckled at my sudden realization. I just shrugged it off, "At least they're cute." I laughed lightly causing Calum to give me a playful glare.

"You're mine Babe," He smiled. I smiled back at him and laid back down onto Michael's lap.

. . .

We were now seated at our gate waiting for the airplane to come. All through security and everything else Luke and I kept our distance. He tried to sit next to me but I gave him a look as if to say, "I wouldn't sit there if I were you." He got the message thankfully and now I'm seated next to Ashton.

We were all on our phones, being the anti-social human beings we have come to be, when two fidgety girls came up to us. I looked up at them, then over to the boys who didn't notice.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat to make the boys look up. They slowly looked up and noticed the two girls.

"Hi!" A girl with blonde hair squealed.

"We love you guys so much!" A redhead said. They all smiled.

"We love you too!" Ashton chirped.

"Can we get a picture?" The girls said in unison.

"Sure!" Michael smiled and they stood up.

"El, can you take the picture?" Ashton asked as they held out their phones. I smiled and took a picture on both of their phones.

"Who is she?" The redhead had to ask.

"Um, she's a good friend, like really good, she's coming on tour with us." Luke told the girls. We all agreed with Luke and the girls rushed to their gate because their plane was about to board.

It took another ten minutes for our plane to start boarding. I have been on an airplane before but only once when I was really little. This is the longest flight I have ever been on which is a twenty-one hour flight.

It took forever to get up to the lady boarding us but we finally made it and started walking down the hallway into the plane.

As I walked on I looked at first class and it was magnificent. There were plugs and huge TVs (for a plane) the seats were big and could recline all the way and I couldn't believe an airplane had this. Calum placed his hands on my shoulder and kept pushing me along to our seat.

We finally passed the curtains that separated first class and coach. We were the first row past the curtains and there were two seats on each side of the plane and three in the middle. I sat in the two seater right up against the window. Calum was placed next to me and the three others were in the three seaters. Ashton was closest to us, then Michael, then Luke.

The very first thing I did was push the drape up the window so I could see the runway. I watched in amazement as planes took off one after another.

"Is this your first time on a plane?" Calum leaned over to me, peering out the window too.

"No, but the last time I was on one was when I was a baby." I said my eyes still glued out the window.

Soon our plane started moving and I started to get uneasy. I don't remember being scared of planes but that could change very quickly. I watched as we slowly moved towards the runway.

"You okay, Babe?" Calum asked as he linked our fingers together. I nodded a fake nod and continued to stare out the window.

When we finally got on the runway the plane started to get faster and faster. I couldn't help my grip getting tighter on Calum. I felt as the wheels of the plane lifted off the ground and we were flying.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled.

"We're flying Cal!" I giggled. He smiled at my kiddy behavior and gave me a light kiss on the head.

I kept my face close to the window as the buildings got smaller and smaller until they looked like little dots.

"This view," I breathed to myself. I looked over and all the boys were either on their phones or choosing a movie to watch. I plugged in my headphones and continued to stare out the window dramatically like I was in a music video. I mean who doesn't do that?

A more rock song came on so I started to air guitar and make a fool of myself but I didn't really care, I'm so pumped.

I felt rustling beside me and looked over to see Calum and Ashton staring at me with Luke tapping Michael and pointing at me. I blushed a little and stopped.

"You're so cute," Calum smiled and pushed the armrest that separated us up and wrapped his strong arm around my tiny shoulders. I laid my head on his broad shoulder.

"Hi! Would you like anything to drink?" The flight attendant came down to our seat.

"No thanks, want anything Babe?" He asked as I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"No thanks, I'm good." I said quietly because the flight attendant was giving me dirty looks. Was it because Calum called me babe and we were cuddling? I mean she really has no reason to be giving me looks but I do understand that, a little.

She moved onto the three in the middle and Calum pulled me close again, kissing the top of my head. I laid my head back on his shoulder and closed my eyes, trying to sleep away the time.

. . .

"Lauren," I heard Calum say while I was shook gently.

"Excuse me, miss, you need to quiet down, you're disturbing other passengers." The flight attendant from earlier addressed me.

"Oh right, sorry." My voice cracked telling me I had been crying in my dream. Damn nightmares.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked as the flight attendant walked away.

"I had another nightmare." I sighed. Calum let out a small breath and held me tight.