Chapter 58

I was all packed, not that I had unpacked much, ready for Calum to be here any minute.

"He said he'd be here an hour ago," I groaned, falling back on to Ashton's bed.

"Why are you so anxious to get out of here?" Ashton fell back with me.

"Maybe it's because your sister hates me," I sighed, pulling at the bracelets on my wrists.

"She doesn't hate you," Ashton said, looking at me.

"Sure, she just gave me a black eye on purpose out of love," I said awfully sarcastic.

"It's not super black, just slightly swollen and a very light purple. You could cover it up with make up." Ashton grew quiet. I rolled over, wrapping my arms around his waist, lying my head on his chest. Ashton placed his arms gently around my waist, as if I would split in two if he applied any pressure.

"I'm going to miss you when I'm on the road trip," Ashton sighed. I agreed with a light nod.

"How long are you going to be?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, week at the earliest probably," Ashton was still quiet. I let out a deep breath, squeezing him tightly.

I pulled away when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out, looking at the contact calling me, "Cuddles 💕"

"Hello?" I sat up, answering the phone.

"Hey, Babe, so I was caught up in a crash, that's why I'm late, but I'll be there in about five," Calum told me quickly. I could hear sirens in the background, telling me he was very close to the ambulances.

"Okay, I'll see you in five Cal," I said, hanging up so he could be off his phone. We don't need another crash.

"Calum's going to be here in five," I filled Ashton in on what was happening. Ashton nodded before cuddling me close again.

Five minutes later, like he said, Calum came barging into the room, Harry and Lauren trialling behind him.

"You're cuddling without me!?" Calum over exaggerated his hurt. I smiled, pulling away from Ashton quickly and hopping into Calum's arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. I honestly haven't ever been more relieved to see someone who can take me away from here.

I looked behind Calum, seeing Lauren and Harry staring at me. I dug my face back in Calum's shoulder, seeing a glimpse of Lauren and Harry walking further into Ashton's room.

"I don't think you've realized how much I missed you," I whispered into Calum's ear. He looked at me confused, then horrified.

"What the hell happened to your eye!?" He said louder than he should've.

"Calum!" Ashton hissed, pointing to Harry, indicating that he shouldn't swear. Calum ignored Ashton and returned his attention to me, looking at me with worried eyes.

I just shrugged, "nothing important." Calum put me down, keeping his hands on my shoulders, using his puppy dog eyes to try to get me to tell. I shook my head no, trying to get him to give up. Thankfully, it worked and he went over to sit on the desk chair Ashton had in his room.

"Is it cool if we chill here for a bit, until the road clears up?" Calum asked Ashton.

"Course Mate, it's been awhile since you've been in here," Ashton said. Calum agreed with a nod, leaving the room in silence. I walked over, cautiously sitting on Ashton's bed with the three siblings.

"Oh, Lauren, yesterday Luke came by mine claiming he needed to 'get away from his annoying brothers' which I understand but he's probably going to do it again just to see you," Calum rolled his eyes playfully.