Chapter 1

"Aurora Blair get your ass up and come down to the living room, please and thank you." My eyes flutter open as my little sister close's my door after yelling at me in my room. I pull off my covers and get out of bed putting on my slippers trudging down the stairs. My bed hair looking like I got ran over my a train and struck by lightening at the same time, but I really didn't care. I was to tired to care. As I come into the living room I see my parents and my little sister. After I rub my eyes and my vision comes back I notice a banner and a full blown out breakfast.

My sister starts walking to me with a plate of pancakes with whip cream and candles that say 21 " Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday day to you, Happy birthday to Aurora, Happy birthday to you." Tears are pooling in my eyes at this point " Now blow them out baby." I close my eyes making a wish and blow out my candles. "Now let's go eat so you and your sister can go to school." My mom tells us taking the plate from my sisters hands putting it on the table. Me and my sister go to the local college. She's a freshman and I'm a senior. I have two month's till I graduate and I'm so happy.

After we all eat mom tells us we need to go get dressed that she would take care of clean up. As I get to my room and close a sudden pain waves through my head that makes me lose balance and lean against the door. After a few minutes the pain decreases, so I go to the bathroom to shower and I take pain meds for my head while I'm at it. I just need to make it through five hours of school and a six hour shift of work. From when I get up at eight to school starting at nine and my day doesn't end until nine that night after my shift is over, I only get a hour break in between and sometimes it's very stressful. But it's Friday and I don't work this weekend so, after tonight's hangover I'm going to need the weekend off. My whole family is throwing me a party for my birthday. We have had just family to family friends coming in all week staying at hotels. Mom said it's a big deal for this birthday, I don't fully get why I know it's my 21st but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Most people think my birthday has a unlucky day because of the date number, yes the 13th, august 13th, 2000 is my birthday. I have been made fun of in school that my birthday would fall on a Friday and it would really be unlucky. Of course it has to be my 21st. But I'm going to get through the day of school, go to work, and come home and enjoy myself with my family tonight.

 But I'm going to get through the day of school, go to work, and come home and enjoy myself with my family tonight

Lucky for us since we are in college we don't have uniforms or a strict dress code. I head down stairs grab my keys and wait for my sister. She finally came down and I put my phone in my back pocket and I put my phone in my back pocket and grabbed my bag. "Why are you more dressed up?" I turned to my sister as she asks me that question, "One am I not aloud to look good? Two does it look bad? And three because it's my birthday I wanted to to dress up a little more the normal."
"No don't go change you look hot." She is looking at me with a wide eyes and big smile. "But let's go get coffee, my treat?" I give her a side eye and then roll my them, "Fine, but you are also getting me donut Lily." We head out side and get in my car and head to get our lovely energy juice so I don't kill someone this morning at college.